Buyer, Procurement-Visual Merchandising
Shiseido Americas CorporationLocation: New York, New York Brand: Shiseido Date: 02/23/2024
Manage the strategic procurement for Visual Merchandise for Shiseido Americas while maintaining lowest total cost possible, at agreed upon service and cash levels. Coordination, maintenance, and integrity of Procurement Department information. Partnering with VM Design and Brands to optimize functionality, cost, and time to execute with the Suppliers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate information for Department in the following Categories: NARS Visual Merchandise
- Manage development and execution of visual merchandising serving as primary point of contact with suppliers on behalf of the Brand and VM Design teams.
- Help the department manage approximately $10 MM USD spend across current suppliers and work with new suppliers to qualify them in our supply chain.
- Provide feasibility of materials, layouts, and costs with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Other Departmental Project Specific Tasks as needed, including but not limited to Data Analysis and ad hoc Reporting.
- Lead the category/supplier work for their designated brands. Work in partnership with Visual Merchandise Design on new innovations while maintaining lowest cost and increase value.
- Lead & share in the development of POSM Procurement best practices to achieve a Top Tier Company.
- Drive ownership and accountability for service, cost and cash throughout all levels of the procurement group
- Responsible for Management and Accuracy of Department Data.
- Create a partnership with Marketing/VM/Finance and suppliers.
- Work with suppliers to create the partnership that helps to bring new innovation to Shiseido.
- Work on new innovations (end to end) in their category to make sure we are paying the lowest possible cost, and it meets the timeline
- Create and execute strategies for their brand.
- Work with Project Management group to make sure new update time line, competitive cost vs. benchmark and delivery as per the calendar are met.
- Participate in weekly meeting and provide project update as needed.
- Participate in supplier business reviews and lead future strategies with suppliers x brand.
- Manage Item Master Setup process for Item Creation and Price Entries in SAP.
- Issue Purchase Orders
- Manage supplier production progress
- Responsible for New Supplier Information & System Setup, Contract Price List Management and System Validation.
- Develop annual budget, cost savings, cash glide paths and action plans to deliver the corporate objectives for continuous improvement in cost and cash.
- Participate in defining aligned and documenting processes that support the Procurement best practices.
- Adhere to KPI’s to measure and improve the effectiveness of the key elements of the procurement organization.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and use harmonize processes and tools.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Visual Merchandise / Store Design
- Procurement Managers
- Help the department manage approximately $40 MM USD POSM spend across current suppliers and work with new suppliers to qualify them in our supply chain.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 4 year academic degree, MBA a plus
- Prefer procurement certificates.
- Beauty Industry Background a must.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience for a Buyer or 3 plus years of experience for a Senior Buyer in Visual Merchandise with some technical knowledge of display engineering and manufacturing
- Competent user of computerized IT systems – Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other associated scheduling, forecasting software packages
- 1-2 years of experience working within a procurement tool (SAP, Ariba, JDE etc) environment at an advanced level
- End to End Supply Chain Functions and Linkage
- Understanding of payment terms, total cost of ownership etc
- Understanding of financial health and social audit requirements to assess suppliers
- Thorough working knowledge of procurement management.
- Understanding of Supplier Management concepts.
- Working in fast pace Team environment.
- Savings achieved
- Support Updates RFQ's x Brand
- Negotiate Right Cost/First Time
- Accuracy of Data Management
- Streamlining/Simplification of Processes
- Organizational Information Control
- Achieves results
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Customer and consumer focus
- Attention to detail while being able to see the “big picture”
- Ability to lead others through example, setting standards for performance, and creating accountability
Trust 8 Competencies
Below is a list of Trust 8 Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big:Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks:Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial”.
- Hands On:Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end
- Collaborate:Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open:Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity:Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable:Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- Applaud Success:Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
$69,864 - $96,063/ year