Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Production Quality Inspector - 2nd ShiftLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 05/31/2022
Apply to join Shiseido Americas, one of the top cosmetics companies in the world! For 150 years, Shiseido has celebrated the power of beauty - we are PEOPLE FIRST and strive for BEAUTY INNOVATIONS FOR A BETTER WORLD.
Shiseido offers competitive hourly rates with additional pay for 2nd and 3rd shifts and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with 4% employer contributions
- 14 paid company holidays
- 23 days annual PTO for all new hires
- 4% annual holiday bonus
- 40% employee discounts for our brands
- $1,000 company gratis program
- Tuition reimbursement and much more!
We encourage our employees to grow their skillsets through learning and development courses as well as advance their careers through internal mobility opportunities. Here at the Shiseido Manufacturing Plant located in East Windsor, NJ, we work to show our employees appreciation by providing year-round opportunities to volunteer and donate to charity, enjoy annual employee appreciation celebrations, and rewards for exemplary safety practices. Learn more about joining our team below and at careers.shiseido.com.
This position is a part of SAI Production Department.Under the supervision of the Production Supervisor / Manager the Production Quality Inspector ensures compliance with cGMP and company policies, procedures, and specifications.
This position is responsible for inspection and quality evaluation of Production Process (Filling, Packing), WIPs and Finished Goods produced at Shiseido Americas East Windsor site ensuring their compliance with established Specifications/Standards.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
- Perform sampling, inspection and disposition of Incoming Components, Finished Goods and WIPs by checking visual and functional aspects of the product and package against Product Standard and Specification using statistical sampling tools
- Perform product Organoleptic evaluation for Color, Odor, Texture and Appearance. If needed for evaluation, product must be applied to the skin and checked against the approved Reference Standard.
- Conduct Line Start Up Verifications and Quality Audits of production lines as needed.
- Maintain and update Reference Standards and Defect Range Boards. Conduct daily verification of laboratory equipment.
- Assure accurate inspection documentation and data entry of required information into the applicable Data Base, release / reject components in applicable Inventory Data Base.
- Communicate non-conforming results and issues to Production personnel, and Assist Production Supervisor in investigating and resolving quality issues and consumer complaints.
- Monitor and review Production documentation. Submit samples to other groups as required. Store and maintain Retains samples.
- Maintain workspace in accordance with 6-S requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Horizontal: Production team, Quality team, Packaging Engineers, Warehouse team
Qualifications & Competencies:
Education & Experience:
- High school graduate, preferably with some college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1 - 3 years’ experience in Quality Control environment preferably in cosmetics, personal care, pharma, or food packaging industry with exposure to FDA and cGMP regulations. Strong working knowledge of attribute and variable inspections, ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 or ISO 2859 sampling methods.
- Good oral and written communication (English) skills, ability to read and interpret specifications and blueprints.
- Ability to use standard measuring equipment, basic math calculations. Ability to see the color. Basic knowledge of MS-Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to lift, stand or walk constantly all shift as needed.
- Ability to work independently handling large volumes of work and changing priorities as needed.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and positive team building attitude.
Measures & Targets:
- Quality Performance - RFT (Right the First Time) - % RFT
- Productivity - Number of Inspections / day / hours.
- Release Time - Number of Pending Inspections (backlog).
Our Principles serve as the working principles that every Shiseido employee must follow. These eight working principles – known as “TRUST 8” – are based on the idea that mutual trust is the key to succeeding in Our Mission.
- THINK BIG – Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- TAKE RISKS – Embrace risk. Practice “Trial & Error & Trial”.
- HANDS ON – Consider front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end-to-end.
- COLLABORATE – Break free from the silo mentality. Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- BE OPEN – Be transparent. Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up – even if it is bad news.
- ACT WITH INTEGRITY – Be sincere and humble at all times.
- BE ACCOUNTABLE – Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- APPLAUD SUCCESS – Create a culture that celebrates success.