Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Engineer I, Process Improvement - PackagingLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 06/16/2023
The Process Improvement Engineer will support the Production team in the Filling and Assembly Process. The focus of the department is to promote a constant transformation in the industrial operation by developing, implementing, and ensuring conformity of the Cosmetic Production Processes.
This role will be under the direction of Production Engineering Supervisor and will be responsible to provide leadership, strategic focus, and Improvement Initiatives for driving a strong culture of high performance, excellent quality, and cost either using the current production process and technology or through change the components (packaging).
The individual will be required to drive his/her projects and solicit other team members to ensure the required tasks are performed in a timely manner. The engineer must have the ability to adapt to fast-changing environments. The position will require an individual to have the willingness to take risks and to consider new approaches to improve the organization's competitive position.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engineering & Testing
- Identify and Analyze opportunities in production operation process driving improvement of Performance, Quality, and cost
- Review and approve technical engineering process and drawings for components/assemblies
- Perform statistical analysis from testing data to assess specification values
- Attend line trials and process validation
- Project Management
- Ability to handle multi-task launch projects with limited supervision and support
- Meet timeline due dates for all required actions
- Packaging Bill of Materials
- Support and perform BOM (Bill of Materials) changes for existing products (new products, artwork updates, material changes, new tertiary pack outs)
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Production Operation
- Technical Engineering
- Brand Marketing and Product Development
- Packaging engineering & lab
- Component suppliers
Qualifications & Competencies:
- BS + degree in Package Engineering or another Engineering discipline (mechanical, material science)
- 3 years of experience in Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals or Consumer Goods Production team.
- Knowledge of Filling and Assembly processes and High-Speed machine are preferred.
- Six Sigma certification is recommended (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- Basic knowledge of molding processes, resins, and package testing methods
- Basic knowledge with CAD software and 3D printing
- Responsible for initiating and resolving queries from other functions in a timely manner and communicating, escalating issues when appropriate
- Aware of cross function and regional impact of decisions
- Appreciates importance of on-time and quality delivery of projects to business partners
- Ability to network, work in teams and network
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written, good listening skills, providing support with trust, respect, and transparency)
- Entrepreneurial spirit: taking initiative and drive clarity and resolution
- Drive projects with full ownership, and hold accountability on team members to ensure all steps of the timeline are met
- Ability to adapt to fast-changing environments
- Problem Solving: ability to predict, recognize and define meaningful corrective actions to problems
- Willingness to take risks and to consider new approaches to improve the organization's competitive position
Our Principles serve as the working principles that every Shiseido employee must follow. These eight working principles – known as “TRUST 8” – are based on the idea that mutual trust is the key to succeeding in Our Mission.
- THINK BIG – Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- TAKE RISKS – Embrace risk. Practice “Trial & Error & Trial”.
- HANDS ON – Consider front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end-to-end.
- COLLABORATE – Break free from the silo mentality. Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- BE OPEN – Be transparent. Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up – even if it is bad news.
- ACT WITH INTEGRITY – Be sincere and humble at all times.
- BE ACCOUNTABLE – Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- APPLAUD SUCCESS – Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law