Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Automation Technician-2nd ShiftLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 10/27/2023
Apply to join Shiseido Americas, one of the top cosmetics companies in the world! For 150 years, Shiseido has celebrated the power of beauty - we are PEOPLE FIRST and strive for BEAUTY INNOVATIONS FOR A BETTER WORLD.
Shiseido offers competitive hourly rates with additional pay for 2nd and 3rd shifts and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, & vision health insurance
- 401k with 4% employer contributions
- 14 paid company holidays
- 23 days annual PTO for all new hires
- 4% annual holiday bonus
- 40% employee discounts for our brands
- $1,000 company gratis program
- Tuition reimbursement and much more!
We encourage our employees to grow their skillsets through learning and development courses as well as advance their careers through internal mobility opportunities. Here at the Shiseido Manufacturing Plant located in East Windsor, NJ, we work to show our employees appreciation by providing year-round opportunities to volunteer and donate to charity, enjoy annual employee appreciation celebrations, and rewards for exemplary safety practices. Learn more about joining our team below and at careers.shiseido.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
Automated Machine Operator Requirements / Qualifications / Skills
- Talented operator to run our automated production lines which include robotics, HMI screens, conveyors, automated packaging equipment, etc.
- Troubleshoot basic mechanical, electrical, and computer systems issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Set up and verify the functionality and safety of equipment.
- Operation of production lines and equipment, including: safety startup, clearing jams, manual operations and format changes.
- Perform troubleshooting and make necessary in process adjustments to improve run time.
- Have the ability to conduct changeovers and equipment adjustments without mechanical support.
- Understand and be able to read HMI faults and troubleshoot information.
- Have an understanding of SMED.
- Understand and integrate equipment parameters.
- Achieve required efficiency and throughput on automated lines.
- Measure and record data associated with operating equipment.
- Be capable of running your own operation, responsibility for all reporting (parts completion reports, downtime reports, etc.).
- Diverse experience with automated production equipment in the Cosmetic, Pharmaceutical, Consumer Goods industries preferred.
- 2+ years of experience operating liquid or powder filling machines, specifically automated production equipment (i.e. robotics, HMI screens, automated packaging equipment) preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Practical attitude and ability to learn new skills.
- Accountability for following all quality, GMP, and SOP guidelines.
- Follow all current work instruction and adherence to Shiseido quality standards and requirement.
- Understand production quality issues and take appropriate corrective action as well as preventive measures.
- Perform quality data collection.
- Perform and maintain good housekeeping.
- Clean production equipment and work area.
- Accountable for full compliance with Shiseido safety policies and requirements.
- Knowledge to manage waste and scrap and make report for improvements.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekend and mandatory OT as needed.
- Frequently lifting to 50lbs. is required.
- Walking, standing and climbing stairs.
- High School diploma or equivalent technical training.
- Be able to read, write and speak English.
- Some technical training preferable.
Our Principles serve as the working principles that every Shiseido employee must follow. These eight working principles – known as “TRUST 8” – are based on the idea that mutual trust is the key to succeeding in Our Mission.
- THINK BIG – Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- TAKE RISKS – Embrace risk. Practice “Trial & Error & Trial”.
- HANDS ON – Consider front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end-to-end.
- COLLABORATE – Break free from the silo mentality. Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- BE OPEN – Be transparent. Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up – even if it is bad news.
- ACT WITH INTEGRITY – Be sincere and humble at all times.
- BE ACCOUNTABLE – Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- APPLAUD SUCCESS – Create a culture that celebrates success.