NARS, Executive Director, US Sales
Shiseido Americas CorporationLocation: Remote Brand: NARS Date: 02/23/2024
The Executive Director, US Sales is responsible for all sell-in and sell-thru of department stores, Sephora and Ulta accounts in the US market, in addition to leading the sales and budget execution with the field executives. The key responsibilities will be to develop and execute, in partnership with Marketing and each retailer, a winning strategy and strong, aggressive marketing plans to improve brand presence and gain market share. The position will collaborate with various department heads (Training & Education, Social, Marketing) and the Regional Sales Directors to ensure all teams are consistently aligned and engaged. The ED will develop and foster strong relationships at all levels with the retailers. This position will have three direct reports inclusive of Executive Director of US Sales (sell-thru) and two Directors of Key Accounts (sell-in.)
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop innovative retail sales strategy to align with overall marketing strategy and sales objectives given by the SVP, US
- Assess and recommend ongoing distribution strategy including new doors and store closures that support profit and productivity expectations
- Liaise with the Directors of Key Accounts to report regularly on the complete retail and net (wholesale) sales performance of the US market to the SVP, US Sales
- Understand key trends in the marketplace, with a strong understanding of the consumer decision journey, to identify growth opportunities and new ideas to test in order to win at each retailer
- Lead and manage the Executive Director, Field by giving clear goals and feedback in order to achieve retail sales plans and foster a culture of accountability
- Act as liaison between the field and the NYO teams to support specific retailer strategies
- Lead sell in team in accurate forecasting: Budget/ LE/CEP process including gross ship, returns, DIFs and R&O
- Partner with Forecasting, Marketing and Sales teams to align on product demand projections that support retailer’s business objectives and brand inventory targets
- Work closely with cross-functional partners, including Marketing, Retailer.com, Sales, Digital Media, Creative and Operations teams
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- US Marketing
- Training and Education
- Demand Planning
- Sales Administration
- Retail and Net forecasting
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field is preferred.
- 10+ years of retail executive sales experience.
- A passionate, energetic team oriented individual with strong leadership skills, high emotional intelligence, competitive, analytical, interpersonal, creative minded.
- Passion for beauty and people development.
- A strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize, while responding in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Strong oral, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage details and multi-task projects.
- Knowledge of competitive marketplace and e-commerce best practices.
- Ability to work independently and utilize sound judgment.
- Expertise required in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Trust 8 Competencies
Below is a list of Trust 8 Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big:Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks:Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial”.
- Hands On:Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end.
- Collaborate:Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open:Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity:Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable:Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- Applaud Success:Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law