Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Coordinator, Accounts ReceivableLocation: Remote Brand: Shiseido Date: 09/15/2023
The Coordinator, Accounts Receivable is responsible for ensuring a 40 to 45 days outstanding receivable balance on all accounts, through follow up on all open invoices with customer. Receive payments and apply to receivable accounts; analyze and reconcile account charge-backs. Work with (IT) to resolve EDI discrepancies. Work with Customer Service on hold accounts for Chain Stores.
Receive, review, investigate and reconcile requests for invoice deductions and adjustments received from customers. Provide information and documentation to appropriate groups or departments to resolve claims. Recommend corrective actions to reconcile discrepancies. Advise supervisor of unusual or recurring problems.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure customers stay within their DSO through follow up of all open invoices over 30 days with Account Executive and Accounts Payable staff of account. Place accounts on hold status when additional payments are not forthcoming or past account actions dictate.
- Monitors hold accounts on a daily basis and communicates need for corrective action with Account Executive. Works with Account Executive and account staff to seek timely payment and/or resolution. Informs management of serious, account delinquencies and trends.
- Receive payments on outstanding invoices; make copies and record in age trail balance record. Investigate deductions and/or adjustments noted on payment attachments. Requests documentation from account staff and/or Account Executive to support account deductions. Refers discrepancies to appropriate personnel.
- Reviews all past due issues (payments, adjustments and deductions) with Account Executive to assure remedial action and timely processing.
- Maintains liaison activities with field sales personnel and account staff to quickly resolve invoice questions and problems.
- Receive claim deductions and/or adjustments from customers; review and investigate nature and validity of claims. Obtain documentation regarding shipment, receipt or transportation manifest including contacting consolidators to verify movement of product.
- Investigate destroyed in field, return merchandise and refusal claims. Solicit documentation from Customer Service and assure claims are validated with comments and explanation. Verify that items returned to receiving match credit for returned deduction noted on requests. Consult with returns department to verify items and quantities returned.
- Search for needed documentation by contacting consolidators, shipping/receiving and customer service to assure claims are supported by material movement records.
- Recommend corrective action/settlement when discrepancies exist and seek appropriate approvals. Inform customer of reasons when charge-backs are not approved and notifies Account Executive. Provide documentation as requested
- Provide information on invoice reconciliation to appropriate departments to effect adjustments, payments and records.
- Advise supervisor of large volume deduction or serious discrepancies.
- Maintain daily reports and filing relating to account adjustments and deductions.
- Performs month end closing.
- Assists in special projects as requested.
- Performs analysis follow up and coordination necessary to determine aging of account balance and move balances not to exceed 40-45 days.
- Resolves, documents and reconciles need for account adjustments and deductions frequently in significant dollar amount
- Reviews and coordinates timely correction of EDI issues to minimize delays in invoice payments.
- Review and investigate requests for claims and adjustments. Provides documentation and recommends acceptance or rejection frequently in large volume cases.
- Maintain supporting documents on all claims being expensed, reasons for action and corrective measures taken.
- Maintain a log on all pending issues with status of resolution for future reference.
- Inform supervisor of discrepancy or serious irregularities.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- High School graduate with 2-3 years business experience preferably in cosmetics & fragrance industry.
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with field sales and customer accounts especially during account reconciliation.
- Knowledge of SAP and accounting procedures.
- Working application of Microsoft office to prepare various reports.
- Computer skills.
- Typing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with coworkers.
$23.74 - $32.64/ hour