Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Vice President, StrategyLocation: New York, New York Brand: Shiseido Date: 10/31/2023
The Vice President, Strategy will lead the development, execution, and governance of strategic initiatives that deliver sustainable top-line and bottom-line performance improvement in the region. The role will collaborate with brand holders and functional leaders to define and implement transversal projects that address key challenges in the region.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of new initiatives to deliver sustainable value creation in the form of Net Sales growth and Operating Profit improvement. Initiatives will include larger transformational projects as well as smaller strategic initiatives.
- Work with Finance to assess financial returns and impact to the business.
- Conduct best practice benchmarking (internal and external) to identify and define new areas of value creation.
- Collaborate with brand groups and functional leaders to prioritize value creation initiatives across relevant areas.
- Work with the senior functional leaders to plan for implementation of the initiatives – including defining the KPIs and related processes and ownership to track and report on results.
- Establish the project management and governance for implementation, working with the initiative owners (senior leaders) and cross-functional teams.
- Project manage the execution of initiatives by monitoring and reporting on progress, facilitating steering committee reviews, troubleshooting issues with functional leaders, and proactively escalating risks (where needed) to project sponsors or the executive leadership team.
- Work with Finance to ensure that the savings from initiatives are incorporated into the budgeting and LE process, in the right P&Ls, and without double counting with other regional programs or initiatives.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- MBA from a leading business school preferred
- 15+ years of experience with a focus on strategic growth and execution
- Consumer Goods and Retail experience required.
- Proven collaborator who builds partnerships to align cross-functional stakeholders around shared objectives.
- Proven ability to adapt and adjust change approach and leadership behavior based on the situation and culture.
- Superior attention to detail/highly organized
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate effectively.
- Strong people management and leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
$169,740 - $254,610/ year