Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Vice President, Integrated Marketing Strategy & Consumer EngagementLocation: New York, New York Brand: Shiseido Date: 02/07/2023
What makes a successful Marketing employee at Shiseido?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
401k Retirement Plans
12 Company Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off
Lead a portfolio-wide strategy to build data-driven, digitally-directed campaigns to drive sustainable and profitable growth for brand Shiseido and brand Clé de Peau Beauté in the US.
A leader who thrives in a rapidly changing environment, is curious and has the vision to develop both short and long-term multi-channel marketing strategies. Inspire discovery, engagement, conversion and loyalty among new, existing, prospective and lapsed consumers across their preferred shopping channels.
Practice areas include: omnichannel marketing, consumer engagement, customer relationship management (CRM), analytics, social media, content creation, field education and commercialization of consumer-facing technologies.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive business and marketing synergies to maximize return on investment (ROI): Responsible for ensuring close collaboration and strategic alignment between the media and digital marketing teams, brand marketing, channel marketing and e-commerce teams on brand priorities to maximize growth in line with emerging consumer habits and behaviors
- Engage the organization in managing consumer relationships and leveraging consumer analytics and insight to drive revenue through all channels in the Americas
- Help brands take advantage of every opportunity along the consumer journey
- Ensure optimized social media and influencer approaches, including measurement; chair social media community
- Bring a holistic perspective to ensure all aspects of the consumer decision journey are optimized
- Analytics: champion multi-touch attribution approaches, understand lifetime value (CLTV) by digital channel, understand customer acquisition cost (CAC) by channel, understand paid and unpaid traffic by desktop vs mobile, quantify incrementality resulting from media and CRM campaigns
- Stays current on evolving media trends, technology, and first to market opportunities
- Collaborate with key partners in the organization to develop an engaging and integrated online and in-store shopping experience that drives conversion
- Tailor retailer.com approach to ensure optimized brand site experiences, deepen relationships with retailers and ensure coop media guidelines are leveraged
- Competitive strategy: Continuous monitoring of how SAC brands rank vs competitors; monitor top performing product pages on major retailer websites, continually optimize A+ content and PDPs
- Data sharing agreements: work with retailers to gain more data from our efforts with them; test secure customer data overlap technologies
- Ensure that brand calendars and roadmaps are shared with retailers to maximize halo of brand investments with retailers
- Drive ratings and reviews
- Conversion rate optimization
- Revenue growth
- Partner with Digital Transformation Office (DTO), ADX and IT team to deliver roadmap that balances digital feature development with long term capabilities and investments of the organization
- Scout and develop relationships with emerging platforms, startups, analytics partners and players in the marketing, digital innovation and consumer engagement space
- Share learnings with community of global digital marketers
- Deeply understand the consumer to optimize creative and targeting approaches
- Partner and provide leadership to global HQ on evaluation and development of US marketing strategies to support company’s long-term growth strategies
- Oversees integrated marketing calendarization across online and in store
- Develop and lead team that executes campaigns to continuously improve and optimize media investments
- Implement marketing mix modeling (MMM) learnings into brief development and investment strategies
- Provides input on the full funnel integrated planning and execution for the brands by partnering with marketing teams and 360i, the company’s digital agency of record--taking into account financial, marketing, consumer, and brand strategies for both online and stores.
- Drive personalized marketing and omni-channel activation
- Optimize brands’ full funnel media approaches to maximize ROI on site and in stores; approve all media briefs and media plans, including all marketing activities related to Amazon.com
- Integrate efforts of Tokyo HQ brandholder teams and global Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) specialist teams with existing 360i approaches in the Americas (e.g. dashboards, audience work).
- Works with DSS team members to optimize landing page experiences, personalization, site loading times, on-site tests and customer journeys to drive improved campaign efficiency
- Drives wrap report and hindsight performance approach, including rollups to global brand holder on post-campaign basis, highlighting opportunities or trends for continuous improvement
- Contributes to audience strategy development and approaches
- Accountable for leveraging regular reporting/tools to communicate performance and learnings to peers across the SAC portfolio at Transversal Marketing Meetings, the Media Community and the Social Media Community
- Communicates budgetary guidelines, strategies, and guardrails to ensure external partners (media, creative, tech) stay within monetary parameters and help to identify when activities are off track
- Drive Content Creation and Production in synergy with BH and JW tracking progress end to end
- Report on Content Performance with a continuous improvement mindset
- Drive Consumer Insights efforts leveraging SAC capabilities and seeding new insights across all touchpoints where they are applicable.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
- 15+ years’ experience in Brand and Direct-to-Consumer Marketing
- Global marketing experience
- Leader and facilitator who will champion cross-functional integration and create an inclusive team environment that inspires a diversity of perspectives and ideas
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate with, consult with and influence all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of most current digital technologies, trends, and tools (in and out of category)
- Deep expertise in designing and driving integrated marketing approaches: digital marketing, paid media, e-commerce, social media, analytics, CRM, ad tech and in store
- Ability to convert data-driven analytics to gain consumer insights, drive targeted digital campaigns, optimize user experience, and drive conversion
- Knowledgeable about predictive marketing and modeling capabilities
- Statistical rigor in designing tests
- Hands-on experience with full funnel marketing tactics and channels
- Includes paid and organic search, social, mobile, programmatic, video, email marketing and affiliate as well as lead generation tactics
- E-commerce P&L responsibility
- Deep experience leading and facilitating matrixed teams
- Proven experience managing large scale marketing budgets with effective returns, traffic growth and ROI increases
- Ability to think strategically, drive results, build a high-performance team, continuously drive innovation and inspire the organization to achieve and exceed its objectives
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage, engage, mentor and retain talent
- Strong interpersonal skills and deep relationships with all stakeholders in the SAC portfolio
- Ability to effectively communicate complicated concepts and recommended courses of action to engage diverse audiences and influence executive leadership team
- Knowledge of and compliance with GDPR and CCPA regulations
Below is a list of Working Principles designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big: Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks: Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial”
- Hands On: Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end
- Collaborate: Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open: Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity: Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable: Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution
- Applaud Success: Create a culture that celebrates success
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
$169,740 - $254,610/ year