Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Tory Burch, Director, Marketing (New York)Location: New York, New York Brand: Shiseido Date: 11/17/2023
What makes a successful Marketing employee at Shiseido?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
401k Retirement Plans
12 Company Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off
The Director of Marketing is responsible for devising and executing marketing strategies for the Tory Burch fragrance brand. He/She will own and deliver all aspects of the marketing calendar, be accountable for the A&P budget in order to successfully meet the Retail Sales plan and help drive the overall financial goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Devise and develop the overall brand marketing plans and strategies for the US market.
- Actively manage and execute marketing calendar, plans and programs to implement all elements of the marketing mix
- Define and implement retailer marketing programs for existing products and strategies for new product launches.
- Partner with media agency to devise annual media plans and work closely with brand holder to secure assets needed.
- Ownership of marketing budget: budget accuracy and efficiency (ROI and performance analysis)
- Forecast and manage all POSM materials including samples, collateral, GWP’s, promo sets and adjust forecast based on trends in the business.
- Develop and deliver marketing presentations to retailer partners and field personal
- Drive and coordinate all new product forecasts with the forecasting and sales operation teams to ensure figures are well thought out and global turnover timing is met.
- Maintain current knowledge of marketplace by staying in close contact with field personnel and actively seeking knowledge of the competition through store visits, trade publications and consumer magazines. Maintain competitive archive
- Make recommendations and manage communication of annual price increases
- Manage and grow Coordinator, Marketing
- Weekly communication with the license partner and management of all follow ups, reporting and quarterly meetings.
- Educate global brand-holders on US market best practices paying attention to rank and retailer relationship.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Collaborates with Sell-in teams to drive strategies by Key account and prepare seasonal plans (for all Channels of Distribution)
- Collaborate with Retailer.com team to tap into this fast-growing channel and help with assets needed to drive this business.
- Partner with Sell-thru team in order to ensure flawless implementation in stores
- Partners and coordinates with retailers to fulfill promotional programs/projects by engaging appropriate resources needed to meet project timelines and overseeing asset deliveries are met
- Partners with cross functional teams including sales, sales operations, training, events, forecasting and planning.
- Manage relationship with brand-holders
- Three-year business planning
- Annual business plans and quarterly BU reviews
- Manage the budget for Trade and A&P spend including monthly budget phasing.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- College degree, 7+ years of work experience in US marketing for a beauty brand, preferably prestige brand experience
- Ability to develop solid trade marketing plans, programs and promotional briefs
- A passionate, energetic, team-oriented individual with strong leadership, analytical, interpersonal, and creative skills
- Strong oral, written, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of competitive marketplace, department and specialty store environment
- Ability to balance analytics with creativity in a strategic thought process
- Software expertise – MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word
Trust 8 Competencies
Below is a list of Trust 8 Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big:Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks:Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial”.
- Hands On:Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end.
- Collaborate:Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open:Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity:Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable:Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- Applaud Success:Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
$119,925 - $179,888/ year