Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Shiseido, Creative Director (New York)Location: New York, New York Brand: Shiseido Date: 09/11/2023
The Creative Director will play a leadership role for the Regional SAC Digital Creative design, development, and execution of 360 digital campaigns for Shiseido and Clé de Peau Beauté Americas. This individual is responsible for inspiring, leading and driving the creative process, and providing consumer-oriented and on-brand digital creative solutions that support brand strategy.
This role requires a high level of creativity with extremely strong strategic and executional skills, and experience in managing a team of designers. The candidate should have a strong sense of aesthetic, be a strategic thinker with a hands-on approach and a natural problem-solver and storyteller.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversight of all digital creative assets released across both brands, ensuring that creative solutions meet Shiseido and Clé de Peau creative and brand standards, supporting strategic brand priorities and key business needs.
- Manage and lead a team of freelance designers to concept and execute creative for 360 campaigns across all digital touchpoints, inclusive of social and display paid media, eCommerce (home page, landing pages, PDP/PLP), email marketing, CRM and organic social.
- Content creation across digital channels ensuring accurate visual expression of campaign launch strategy and brand representation: concept, photo art direction, pre- and post-production of still and moving assets, on-model and product, motion graphics, animation, moving typographic treatments, etc.
- Ideate strong concepts grounded in clear branding, marketing strategy and business rationale.
- Direct and art direct the creation and delivery of photo and video shoots for cross-channel initiatives.
- Understand and concept to align with creative best practices as communicated by all digital channels – owned, paid and retailer.
- Oversight and management of team workflows; ensuring that deliverables are on time.
- Partner with and provide creative oversight for external vendors and agencies.
- Partner with Operations team on budget forecasting and campaign production planning.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Cross-functional partnerships include Brand Marketing, Integrated US Communications, US E-commerce, US Print/Visual Merchandising, Corporate Communications.
- Strong collaboration and partnership with Shiseido and Cle de Peau Global Brand Holder in Tokyo.
- Partner closely with Copy on omnichannel content strategy and storytelling.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Project Management/Creative Operations.
- Partner closely with outside creative entities, agencies, and vendors.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 10-12 years of related industry experience, preferably agency, client side or design studio experience
- Degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Fine Arts, Advertising or equivalent
- Strong understanding of branding, marketing, and advertising, plus fluency in all things digital
- An innate relationship-builder, who is highly skilled at collaborating across business partners, functions, and our global Brand Holder in Tokyo.
- Ability and experience to manage, lead and mentor a design team
- Willingness and ability to be reactive, flexible, and resourceful under tight deadlines; thrive in a fast-paced environment; anticipate needs to quickly identify common-ground solutions
- Highly organized, passionate, collaborative, energetic, positive, self-starter, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to strategically implement online marketing best practices – optimizing designs for click-throughs, sales or other desired actions
- Hands-on experience managing and planning photo and video shoots from concept to on-set art direction, pre- and post-production
- Equally comfortable and able to provide effective oversight or be hands-on and execute projects independently.
- Beauty experience is a must; understanding and appreciation of luxury / prestige industry; strong sense of visual style — photography, design, typography, graphics, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Bridge)
- Strong understanding of HTML, HTML5, CSS and web optimization, animation, motion graphics, CGI and video
Trust 8 Competencies
Below is a list of Trust 8 Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big: Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks: Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial”.
- Hands On: Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end.
- Collaborate: Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open: Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity: Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable: Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- Applaud Success: Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
$119,925 - $179,888/ year