Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Senior Manager, Visual MerchandisingLocation: New York, New York Brand: Shiseido Date: 11/17/2023
The Senior Manager – Visual Merchandising; Fragrances is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of in-store visual programs and events across multiple fragrance brands (Hermes, Tory Burch Beauty, Narciso Rodriguez, and Issey Miyake) and retail partners (Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks, Macy’s, Sephora, etc.).
This individual must be highly organized and be able to deliver speed-to-market design programs, optimize cost, and support business priorities and/or objectives. He/she must be proficient in 2D/3D design, have excellent communication skills and possess a sophisticated aesthetic suited for luxury and prestige audiences.
This team player must be motivated, innovative, agile, and results driven.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
CONCEPT DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
- Oversee and manage all aspects of Fragrance and Beauty in-store programs including concept design, project management, implementation and roll-out
- Create seasonal planograms for multiple brands in varied retail environments
- Adapt Seasonal global concepts to create 2D &3D design proposals for opportunities at US specific retail channels including Department Store Visual weeks, retail outposts and pop-ups and in store events
- Prepare launch and seasonal project briefs, schematic design drawings, 3D renderings and planograms for global HQ, US cross-functional partners and retailer approvals
- Gather and manage feedback on design initiatives from all key stakeholders and cross-functional partners and adjust concept design accordingly
- Manage and collaborate with vendors to produce, price, and value engineer on-counter VM elements
- Ability to multi-task, manage and execute several projects in a timely and efficient manner while responding to changing priorities and feedback.
- Manage project budgets based on approved Brand spend ; assuring on-time and on budget delivery including value engineering
- Partner on and lead the calendar development of seasonal of in-store visual programs from brief to roll-out
- Develop and adhere to shared timelines and manage the prototype and proof review process with production vendors for quality; print and VM collateral
- Consistent communication and transparency with brands and cross functional partners in a shared service environment
- Oversee on-site installations of special projects, counter openings, visual weeks, etc
- Support and provide direction to field partners on in-store execution to ensure consistent brand quality standards are met on retailer programs
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- This position reports into the Director, US Visual Merchandising
- A key partner to Brand Marketing teams; developing and executing store-line initiatives
- Partner closely and establish strong relationships with the Field and Sales Teams
- Liaise with HQ/Global VM teams for design alignment and approvals
- Work closely with retail partners, print and display vendors, and multiple internal brand teams
- Develop and maintain effective and positive relationships with internal peers and outside consultants and vendors
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum 5-7 years of VM experience in beauty or fashion industry with an emphasis in both 2D & 3D design; preparing planograms, and packaging artwork
- Required: High proficiency in SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCad and Microsoft Office
- Must have knowledge of mechanical engineering, be well-versed in display materials and production processes
- Graphic knowledge and skills including typography and layout; packaging and proofing print ready artwork
- A diversified portfolio demonstrating success with VM program development and implementation in specialty, department store and open sell environments
- Comfort working independently and with levels of ambiguity; creatively problem solving
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a willingness and ability to be agile and resourceful under tight deadlines
- Maintain a collaborative, energetic and positive attitude and inspire creativity amongst peers
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills to build effective cross-functional partnerships
- A robust knowledge of competitor brands and trends in the Fragrance and Beauty sector
Trust 8 Competencies
Below is a list of Trust 8 Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big: Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks: Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial”.
- Hands On: Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end.
- Collaborate: Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open: Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity: Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable: Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- Applaud Success: Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
$109,224 - $150,183/ year