Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Senior Manager, ProductionLocation: New York, New York Brand: Shiseido Date: 08/01/2022
The key role of this Senior Production Designer/Manager is to refine, prepare, organize, and see through on-time completion of various print & packaging final mechanical production projects related to marketing, AD/PR, training, Packaging and Visual Merchandising materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Create all print ready mechanicals related to production of various printed materials and packaging.
- Refine and pre-flight agency design asset and manage the production. Color separation & Color corrected knowledge.
- Design selects seasonal printed materials (posters, demo cards, mailers, press invitations, product brochures), including versioning of HQ visuals.
- Set up OTC drug facts carts and mandatory information panels for packaging and insertions.
- Manage day-to-day production activities and projects as requested to meet business needs of in-house clients by following through approval of blueprints and color proofs.
- Initiate mechanicals into routing process. Track all mechanical circulations through to the final approval stage.
- Deliver color corrected and retouched images within given budget and timeframe by working with photographers, studios, illustrators, freelancers, and retouches as necessary.
- Perform minor retouching, silhouetting, color-correcting, and composing photos if necessary.
- Attend select press checks for enhanced print quality assurance.
- Create mock-up samples for creative review.
- Maintain Shiseido corporate creative standards on all items produced for the company.
- Create proper backups on completed projects. Organize and maintain project and image libraries on a regular basis.
- Work closely with in-house clients on creative development of select printed materials.
- Track competitive print production trends and propose new ideas and materials for future implementation.
- Perform various other duties as necessary and as assigned by the supervisor while executing the coordination of mechanical preparation.
- Prepare artwork for print production to be executed by retail partners or for PR needs.
- Experienced in beauty industry both graphic & packaging design with strong typographic skills with emphasis in packaging mechanical artwork.
- Must have solid knowledge in both offset and digital printing process. Must be able to pre-flight, collect, and archive materials.
- Mastery computer proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. Basic Power Point, Excel, and Outlook skills.
- A team-oriented individual with strong interpersonal and creative skills.
- Knowledge of beauty industry, competitive marketplace, and department/specialty store environment.
- A strong sense of urgency, ability to manage details and multiple projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback.
- Strong verbal and organizational skills.
- A BFA in graphic design and 5+ years of print production experience in cosmetics and skincare or related field is preferred.
- Ability to work under compressed timeframes alongside frequent changes; demonstrate excellent multitasking skills.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law