Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Senior Manager, Global Integrated Communications & Influencer Engagement (NARS)Location: New York, New York Brand: NARS Date: 08/02/2022
This position is an integral part of the Global Integrated Communications team and supports all communications and creator programs and initiatives surrounding NARS’ 42+ international markets, special brand projects and daily business functions. This position performs a variety of duties, which require balancing multiple tasks simultaneously.
Essential Job Duties:
- Serve as communications team China lead, providing council and support on all earned communications initiatives and paid KOL strategies
- Offer strategic direction and council for localization and implementation of global communications activities in this key growth market
- Oversee local China market PR requests, initiate local competitive research, and review local consumer insights for maximum launch ROI
- Partner with local communications team on developing a tiered paid KOL strategy in the market to drive brand awareness and increase market share
- Liaise with cross-functional teams to support and execute local PR events, launch communication strategies, paid KOL initiatives and market specific projects
- Work with local China agency to ensure vetting on all Asia market KOL activations to protect the brand image in China
- Lead point of contact for 42+ PR Managers, providing day-to-day counsel on earned brand communications efforts with a laser focus on priority markets (TR, US, UK, Japan, Korea, Canada, Australia, etc.)
- Own and create Tier A strategic launch communications plans and presentations.
- Provide insight and feedback on Creator/KOL recommendations for earned and paid in key markets
- Offer strategic direction and council for localization and implementation of global communications activities
- Oversee market participation in all global campaigns/events/activations
- Oversee all international interview requests and materials
- Drive new market Communications launches and internal team on-boarding’s
- Oversee all PR databases (i.e., Box.com) and lead initiative to revise resources and templates for international use
- Lead weekly conference calls with pre-identified key strategic markets
- Manage regular calls Region Heads and key international markets
- Manage Creator/Creator/KOL specific issue management/risk mitigation globally to protect brand image and equity
- Drive vetting/risk mitigation with internal stakeholders (legal, International Business, Region Head) and Ogilvy Asia for all paid media partnerships and brand ambassadors
- Develop and distribute global brand vetting guidelines to all markets
- Manage select vetting needs for EMEA and markets outside the US within the Americas as applicable in partnership with SARD
- Support global paid social creator and communications strategy to support all key launches/initiatives and amplify brand messages and storytelling worldwide
- Manage portions of the global creator paid partnerships, including budget management, contract negotiations, briefs, and agent relationships
- Manage coding and adhere to global budget for the Creator relations.
- Collaborate on local creator strategies to support strategic brand initiatives.
- Utilize search and social insight tools to measure creator efforts in accordance with KPIs and campaign objectives; Leverage data and benchmarks to provide strategic recommendations.
- Assist in finding new NARS local creators and KOLs
- Maximize creator participation in global earned experiences (when applicable) to support key launches and drive brand relationships
- Provide guidance and drive the planning and design of local market press/creator virtual or in person events in key strategic markets.
- Provide strategic council to support localization of all key product launch and creator initiatives in key markets.
- Lead partnership with International Business to determine strategy, planning, and approvals.
o PR Managers’ Meeting/Workshop
- Manage strategy presentations and develop workshop content.
- Manage PR Managers Meeting/Workshop (EMEA, Top 5 and ASIA) in partnership with International
- Develop the agenda and pre-work needed to make these meetings productive, informative and ensure our PR Managers are increasing their digital acumen
- Interface extensively with internal counterparts in the creative services, marketing, and sales departments
- Oversee accuracy and maintain departmental standards for all monthly reports and measure effectiveness of strategies and events
- Manage all Reporting - KPI Reports for Press and Creator and New Product Launch Reports
- Maintain and update the product forecasts and budget for the international team and oversee the coordinator to ensure she’s coordinating all product orders and maintaining international product closet
- Contribute to delivering on the KPIs set forth for the Global Communications and Creator team
- BS/BA required; Communications degree preferred
- 7-9 years of creator marketing and communications experience; beauty and fashion industry experience preferred
- Interest or experience with international/global creators a plus
- Must have a good handle on current trending creators and pop culture
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of beauty and cosmetics industry
- Ability to develop and manage plans and budgets
- Strong technical skills including Excel, Photo Shop, and PowerPoint
- High level of creativity; excellent writing and presentation skills
- Team player, with advance organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability or desire to understand the international marketplace including trends and cultural behaviors
- Strong work ethic and standard for which tasks and projects are completed (Attention to detail is a must)
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law