Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Senior Manager, Brand Marketing (Drunk Elephant)Location: New York, New York Brand: Drunk Elephant Date: 01/24/2023
What makes a successful Marketing employee at Shiseido?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
401k Retirement Plans
12 Company Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off
The Senior Manager, Brand Marketing develops and implements marketing objectives and strategies that drive long term profitable growth, build strong brand equity, and gain market share for Drunk Elephant in the US. The Senior Manager will lead calendar development with 360 launch activations across new and strategic core categories by leveraging global innovation and assets, analytics, consumer data, competitive research and retailer needs. The position develops custom US programs, with clear KPIs, that can be brought to life to meet total US brand business objectives. This position supports the Director of US Marketing and works in close partnership with all cross-functional teams, including but not limited to: Global Marketing, Trade Marketing, Communications, Media, Creative, Sales, Education, Finance, Social and Supply Chain.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Director in the development of a US centric strategy, supported by retailer calendar and 360 launch plans, leading monthly cross-functional calendar meetings focused on visibility of activations and launch execution, to support business growth and increased market share
- Initiate and lead brainstorms with cross-functional team to foster innovative ideas to feed into 360 launch activations
- Work with key quantitative metrics to analyze business categories, trends and launch ROIs to communicate internally to senior leadership and determine go forward strategies
- Manage and own relationships with external partners (including subscription boxes and review-generation programs) and negotiate programs that support key brand initiatives and big bets.
- Own and maintain accuracy of launch calendars – ensuring alignment with Trade Marketing- and issue updates immediately to cross-functional teams, Global and Ops
- Collaborate and support cross functional teams on new product innovation, pricing strategies, and promotional activations to drive awareness, sales, and authority in skincare category
- Partner with Digital Media team to align on messaging for US media campaigns
- Own Marketing Launch forecasts, US calendars, and other key brand marketing files, while ensuring they are updated and shared regularly with the cross-functional team
- Support Global and Cross-functional team (Trade Marketing, Demand Planning and Finance) in Add/Delete process and annual price increase recommendations/analysis
- Analyze and develop mix-of-business projections for total US by month, providing assumptions, cannibalization, and other considerations for accurate projections.
- Support Demand Planning in forecasting process and provide high level input to ensure understanding of launch opportunity, benchmarks, etc. to support forecasting process
- Assist in the development of brand presentations, including sales meeting decks, market decks, internal business reviews, etc.
- Unlock consumer insights by leveraging CMI tools such as 1010 Data, ProQuo, etc.
- Analyze launch results and provide key learnings to inform future strategy
- Support leadership in ad hoc requests and analyses, utilizing COGNOS, NPD, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of marketplace by staying in close contact with field team and actively seeking knowledge of the competition through store visits, trade publications and consumer magazines. Provide competitive updates monthly and track key promotional/launch shifts that impact NPD rankings.
Qualifications & Competencies
- College degree, 5-7 years of work experience in cosmetics and skincare marketing
- Ability to develop marketing plans, programs and manage external partners
- Strong negotiation skills and financial intelligence
- Strong analytical skills with excel abilities, balanced with creativity in a strategic thought process
- A passionate, energetic team-oriented individual with strong interpersonal, creative and leadership skills.
- Strong oral, written, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of competitive marketplace, specifically specialty-multi environment
- A strong sense of urgency, ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback.
- Ability to work independently and utilize sound judgment.
- Software expertise – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Systems – COGNOS, NPD
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
$109,224 - $163,836/ year