Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Sales and Training Executive, NYC (SHI/CPB/Fragrances Department Store Specialty Sell Thru)Location: New York, New York Brand: Shiseido Date: 07/28/2022
The Sales and Training Executive will educate, collaborate, and strategize with their external retail partners to increase sales and achieve company objectives. These objectives include adherence to budgetary spend commitment and overall profitability. This will be achieved by servicing customers, motivating, and training store associates, all while cultivating strong account relationships. The STE will serve as a key partner in driving sales in our SIS direct stores and wholesale locations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving sales and executing strategies and initiatives within each retailer ensure the achievement of sales plan.
- Achieve and adhere to budgetary spend commitments: financial responsibility inclusive of travel and expense, freelance spend and measurable to preserve profitability and secure bottom line
- Build and maintain strong strategic partnerships with internal and external business partners resulting in increased understanding of the business and achievement of successful sales results.
- Create an open and collaborative environment that influences the sales teams of SIS. Cascades knowledge and best practices within the field organization.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining productive freelance tams as well as Beauty Advisor/Coordinator teams (where applicable)
- Act as key liaison and executor both internally and externally of all events within territory, including virtual, with responsible for achieving all financial targets.
- Maintains a professional digital footprint across social media platforms, adhering to company guidelines.
- Accountable for strengthening brand identity by creating visual merchandising consistency within each store and ensuring visual, inventory and operational standards are met.
- Ensure all locations consistently support our product and marketing campaigns through customer interactions, trainings, and successful execution of visual direction.
- Evaluates retail trends to determine resource movements against sales.
- Meet all deadlines for requests including calendars, expense, and event recaps. Understand retail partner protocols, support, and adhere to their policies.
- Enforce and execute company policies, procedures, and operational standards in all locations.
- Participate in regional meetings and conference calls to provide partnership and create solutions to address business needs.
- Act as Best Brand Partner while representing Shiseido Brands in a positive and professional manner through personal example and influence of teams.
- Work cross functionally with the Education team to grow store personnel with confidence of the brand and their ability to sell the product and build brand awareness.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of all products as well as ingredients.
- Deliver information in front of large groups for educational and sales purposes both in store, virtually as well as in large regional formats.
- Uphold Shiseido Brand Dress Code Guidelines & consistently demonstrate a polished and professional appearance, frequently changing makeup styles to reflect current trends by wearing seasonal looks.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Global Education
- Wholesale/Retail Executives
- Global/US Marketing
- Field Partners
- Accountable for achieving company objectives relating to retail sales plan, TE budget, Freelance budget.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum of 2 years Cosmetic Account Executive or 5 years Account Coordinator experience. (Or equivalent position)
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales through fostering relationships and providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to work collaboratively and build positive/effective business partnerships
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in a fast paced, high growth, changing environment
- Ability to work independently to prioritize and achieve results
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective planning, organizational and time management skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office Skills
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Must have Valid Driver’s License and Reliable Transportation (where applicable)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and holidays
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions and needs.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law