Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Planner, Supply PlanningLocation: New York, New York Brand: Shiseido Date: 11/20/2023
What makes a successful Planning employee at Shiseido?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Nursing Mother Rooms
Life & Disability Insurance
We are seeking a supply planner to join our S&OP NARS team. The primary objectives of the Supply Planner are to ensure achievement of the below key metrics for inventory maintained at ADC (America Distribution Center)
- Service level (fill-rate) – both to external retailers + DTC channels
- Inventory optimization/coverage (days of coverage)
- Visibility to and disposition of Excess & Obsolete inventory
In addition, the candidate is expected to work closely with the Demand Planning and collaborate with international affiliates and domestic teams.
The ideal candidate has a problem-solving attitude to help understand root-cause issues and find proactive solutions. The candidate should have demonstrated an understanding of supply planning business processes and of the statistics-based stock policies, to facilitate the best use of net working capital (inventory, storage cost, logistics costs).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain master data (e.g.: Minimum Order Quantity, reorder points, lead time).
- Calculate and update regularly safety stock, ABC classification and allocation reserve for ecommerce website.
- Utilize inventory management systems to track and analyze stock levels.
- Collaborate closely with the web team to ensure stock availability, provide recommendations on required inventory level, run analysis, investigate out-of-stock root-cause and find proactive solutions for future demand.
- Assess short-term changes in forecast and advise on inventory availability.
- Review below target KPIs (fill rate and inventory coverage) and find problem-solving initiatives.
- suggesting improvements where necessary.
- Execute quality release in systems.
- Produce and share report of open orders.
- Gather information on item version switch, run analysis to estimate actual switch date and provide visibility on ATS (available to ship) dates.
- Help coordinate drop shipments.
- Review low inventory list and advise on item priorities with multiple teams (e.g.: production, quality, assembly, warehouse, transportation).
- Communicate out of stock reports and risk of shortage.
- Provide a list of excess stock and obsolete products and follow up with teams on key actions to reduce liabilities.
- Support the development and implementation of supply planning strategies to optimize inventory levels.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of supply chain processes and systems.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- College degree in relevant field or related job experience (including internship and co-ops)
- Intermediate to advance skills in Excel is a must (e.g.: vlookup, pivot table, sumif, subtotal, conditional formatting, power query).
- 0-2 years of planning experience in a supply chain role, ideally in a manufacturing or supplier environment in consumer goods industry.
- APICS ASCM CPIM or CSCP certification is a plus.
- Lean Six-Sigma certification is a plus.
- Experience with an ERP system is a plus.
- SAP experience is a plus.
- Ability to do stock equations.
- Ability to understand the end-to-end supply chain functions and linkage.
- Ability to manage priorities and understand what is most important.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
Trust 8 Competencies
Below is a list of Trust 8 Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big:Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks:Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial”.
- Hands On:Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end.
- Collaborate:Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open:Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity:Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable:Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- Applaud Success:Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
$69,864 - $96,063/ year