Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Paralegal, General/LitigationLocation: New York, New York Brand: Shiseido Date: 05/13/2022
Position includes the following responsibilities: Maintains and organizes case management file; manages electronic and paper files; assists with preparation and court filings of documentation, if necessary. Assists with document production and various forms of discovery; assists in the preparation of witnesses for interviews, depositions, hearing, trials, and meetings; primary responsibility in handling of garnishments and third-party subpoenas; performs non-legal/legal research using various research tools. Primary responsibility for handling garnishments and responding to third party subpoenas and information requests. Also assists and supports attorneys in their daily functions, including but not limited to on immigration, anti-counterfeiting, and IP matters+A25.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities related to maintaining the case management file/database and paper/electronic files – 25% of Time
- Responsibilities related to document requests and discovery, witness preparation; from both General Counsel, SAC Legal Attorneys and outside counsel where relevant – 15% of Time
- Responsibilities related to research, and assistance to attorneys in daily functions – 15% of Time
- Responsibilities related to liaising with outside counsel and assisting/facilitating various matters, as necessary – 10% of Time
- Responsibilities related to garnishments, third-party subpoenas, and information requests – 10% of Time
- Special projects as defined and directed by General Counsel or designees – 15% of Time
- Billing; Coordination of quarterly/year end accruals for internal and external auditors; related administrative work – 10% of Time
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Paralegal Training
- Minimum 5 years law firm or in house legal experience, preferably a combination of both. Litigation and general paralegal experience.
- Possess organizational, oral, and written communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Requires proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law