Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
NARS, Senior Makeup Artist (NYC)Location: New York, New York Brand: NARS Date: 07/19/2023
The Senior Makeup Artist is responsible for providing sales support, both in-store and virtually, for day to day and for events. In partnership with the Sales and Training Executives, this role will increase awareness and engagement through Social Media channels, and promote Brand sales. This role is a market partner to the Sales and Training Executives in physical and digital support. The role is expected to develop retail-specific virtual event strategies, and/or in-person, and lead the event process. Strength and delivery for on-camera and in-store presence is a must for this role as this is the epitome of service, presence, education, and productivity. Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation (where applicable).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- The development and support of digital initiatives that drive sales throughout the U.S.
- Partner with Sales and Training executives to strengthen bottom-line through strong selling and presence in-store
- Be the voice of artistry needs for the region to enhance NARS artistry, experience, and selling styles
- Provide in-store support during key timeframes based on business needs, determined in partnership by Regional Directors
- Innovate and curate virtual event strategies and provide digital presence and sales support for the respective retailers
- Partner with Sales and Training Executives to lead Brand Focus Days, Stay and Play, or any selling initiatives for Department Store, Sephora, Ulta, FSS, and Blue Mercury
- Implement social media presence to promote the Brand, inclusive of events, support, and engagement strategies
- Partner with PR and lead the field engagement for @Narsissist
- Partner with Sales and Training Executives to achieve all sales objectives in the region as well as sell-thru and category focus expectations
- Budget and plan, spend within limits of allocated budget for T&E
- Send in timely and accurate travel and expense reports with receipts monthly
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years in Retail Cosmetics and selling environments with a proven track record of success
- Savvy in competitor environments and open-selling environments
- Ability to speak in large groups, in-person, and virtually with confidence and leadership presence
- Strong presentation skills over various forums, with a heightened focus on digital platforms
- Eagerness and enthusiasm to participate in PR and Social Media endeavors
- Excellent makeup artistry and selling skills, preferably in open-sell and retail environments
- Ability to manage budgets and expenses
Trust 8 Competencies
Below is a list of Trust 8 Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big:Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks:Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial”.
- Hands On:Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end.
- Collaborate:Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open:Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity:Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable:Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
8. Applaud Success:Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
$80,688 - $110,946/ year