Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
NARS, Manager, Brand Marketing (New York)Location: New York, New York Brand: NARS Date: 09/18/2023
What makes a successful Marketing employee at Shiseido?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
401k Retirement Plans
12 Company Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off
The Manager, Brand Marketing develops and implements marketing objectives and strategies that drive long term profitable growth, build strong brand equity, and gain market share for NARS in the US. The Manager will lead calendar development with 360 launch activations across new and strategic core categories by leveraging global innovation and assets, analytics, consumer data, competitive research and retailer needs. The position develops custom US programs, with clear KPIs, that can be brought to life to meet total US brand business objectives. This position supports the Executive Director of Brand Marketing and works in close partnership with all cross-functional teams.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Executive Director in the development of a US centric strategy, supported by retailer calendar and 360 launch plans, leading monthly cross-functional calendar meetings focused on visibility of activations and launch execution, to support business growth and increased market share
- Initiate and lead brainstorms with cross-functional team to foster innovative ideas to feed into 360 launch activations
- Work with key quantitative metrics to analyze business categories, trends and launch ROIs to communicate internally to senior leadership and determine go forward strategies
- Manage and own relationships with external partners (including HerCampus, subscription boxes, PowerReviews) and negotiate programs that support key brand initiatives and big bets.
- Own and maintain accuracy of launch calendars – ensuring alignment with Channel Marketing- and issue updates immediately to cross-functional teams, Global and Ops
- Collaborate and support cross functional teams (global, media, education, .com) on new product innovation, pricing strategies, and promotional activations to drive awareness, sales, and authority in beauty, focused on increasing color penetration
- Own Forecast Tracker, MLO, Promo Overview + Pricing Overview and other key brand marketing files are updated and shared (support from Intern)
- Support Analyst and Cross-functional team (Channel Marketing, Demand Planning and Finance )in Add/Delete process and annual price increase recommendations/analysis
- Partner with Analyst on full-year innovation matrix projections and Side x Side files - providing assumptions, cannibalization, and other considerations for accurate projections.
- Lead forecast & innovation meeting, aligning amongst all stakeholders (sales ops, global, sales, channel marketing, Demand Planning) to ensure proper dimensioning of subcategories within brand portfolio, inventory accuracy, strengthening launch execution, and product profitability within timely manner
- Support Demand Planning in forecasting process and provide high level input to ensure they understand launch opportunity, benchmarks, etc. to support forecasting process
- Support leadership in ad hoc requests or analyses – utilizing COGNOS, NPD, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of marketplace by staying in close contact with field personnel and actively seeking knowledge of the competition through store visits, trade publications and consumer magazines. Maintain competitive archive (with a focus on digital)
- Partner with Analyst to manage Mix of Business –aligning with Sales Team and Sales Admin to ensure accountability on projected sales targets and reflowing quarterly according to YTD trends
- Manage U.S. Team’s spend by launch to ensure achievement of regional profit targets and return on investment of strategic marketing investments
- Partner with Finance and ensure SRPs for all new launches and COGS are net operating profit positive
Qualifications & Competencies
- College degree, 5+ years of work experience in cosmetics and skincare marketing, preferably prestige brand experience.
- Ability to develop marketing plans, programs and manage external partners
- Strong negotiation skills and financial intelligence
- Strong analytical skills with excel abilities, balanced with creativity in a strategic thought process
- A passionate, energetic team-oriented individual with strong interpersonal, creative and leadership skills.
- Strong oral, written, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of competitive marketplace, specialty and department store environment.
- A strong sense of urgency, ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback.
- Ability to work independently and utilize sound judgment.
- Software expertise – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Systems – COGNOS, NPD
Trust 8 Competencies
Below is a list of Trust 8 Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big:Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks:Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial”.
- Hands On:Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end.
- Collaborate:Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open:Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity:Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable:Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- Applaud Success:Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law