Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Manager, US Integrated Communications & Influencer Engagement (Shiseido)Location: New York, New York Brand: Shiseido Date: 11/17/2023
This position is an integral part of the Shiseido US Integrated Communications team supporting all strategies, activations, communications programs, and initiatives. The Manager will support the Director, US Integrated Communications, in planning and executing all tactics supporting the brand strategy. This role requires a strong knowledge of social media, influencer marketing, how to create synergies across various media verticals and will have a pulse of the latest trends within the beauty/fashion/lifestyle space. Successful management of the budget, campaign priorities, and adherence to corporate guidelines will be an ongoing expectation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the brand communication strategy that promotes and protects our brand story, elevates our luxury positioning, and amplifies our Artists. Track and measure performance against benchmarks and KPIs to enable consistent reporting on progress and success sharing with a focus on brand awareness, engagement, relevance and preference.
- Monitor a wide network of talent, tastemakers, industry leaders and partners who embody the culture and values of Shiseido with a focus on skincare authorities, luxury brand partners, key opinion leaders/brand ambassadors.
- Consistently manage influencer outreach list and identify opportunities to cultivate relationships with influencers that have a affinity toward the brand
- Ideate and evaluate opportunities for partnerships to grow brand awareness and reach
- Ideate around impactful influencer programming, collaborations and partnerships to support strategic launches including seeding
- Explore opportunities for product integrations (film, TV, etc) that will work to deliver positive transferable brand equity to Shiseido and increase cultural relevancy
- Partner with paid media team to ideate around 360 launch strategies and influencer support (such as content creation optimized for paid media)
- Monitor the team’s performance with mega, mid-tier and micro influencers to drive organic brand support and VIT
- Oversee Coordinators management of media and influencer lists, ensuring they are updated on a regular basis to confirm we are pitching and sending product to all key players in the industry
- Oversee statements, cross-company coordination, crisis communications and development of materials for key interviews, meetings and event
Storytelling and Sustainability
- Ideate and develop big ideas to support brand equity/DNA, Japanese heritage and drive forward US communications strategy to maximize earned media across all platforms
- Manage relationship with brand’s charitable efforts (Skin Cancer Foundation Partnership) and build out communications plans and go to market strategies to support our key brand tenets
Activation and Management
- Lead communication efforts for key launches and initiatives in close partnership with cross functional teams
- Recap and present initiatives to US team and cross-functional partners with a keen focus on performance vs KPIs
- Support team in planning all influencer events; oversee coordination of logistics including production, venue selection, catering, etc. with the support of external partners
- Provide strong leadership and oversee the teams daily projects and responsibilities to elevate the team’s overall work
- Support seeding strategies, product forecasts and inventory oversight for all new and existing product launches
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the annual Ratings and Review program for all key launches and core products supporting Shiseido.com and retailers
- Manages integrated communications budget throughout the year
- Assist Finance with budget spend reporting and analysis to clearly track and report on budget vs actuals.
- Review, track and submit invoices through approval process
- Facilitate processing of invoices from key vendors on an ongoing basis
- Drive contract negotiations with influencer managers
Trust 8 Competencies
Below is a list of Trust 8 Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big:Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks:Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial”.
- Hands On:Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end.
- Collaborate:Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open:Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity:Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable:Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- Applaud Success:Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
$93,480 - $128,535/ year