Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Manager, New Product DevelopmentLocation: New York, New York Brand: Shiseido Date: 11/10/2023
Responsible for leading the launch activities for a line of Specialty Programs, Collections and Kits for a specific brand by developing and executing launch projects plans to deliver them OTIF. Collaborates with all cross-functional team members to ensure that all necessary learning, qualification, and execution activities of this type of project are completed in support of a successful launch. Manager is expected to manage a portfolio of projects, categorized as special programs or kits containing multiple WIPs which may vary between existing and new product development projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead product required changes from project brief generation to ATS (Available to Ship) ensuring timing, quantity, cost and KPI targets are achieved.
- Develop and maintain project timelines (MS Project required) following the Stage Gate NPD established process.
- Lead all project meetings and coordinate the seamless integration between Marketing, PD, R&D, Packaging, and all Operational functions involved in developing product related projects.
- Lead COGS assessments at different stages of the project.
- Consistently challenge and reduce development lead-times by ensuring. appropriate balanced risks are built into the original time plans, while ensuring all COGs, quality and service requirements are achieved/exceeded.
- Elevate risks and bottlenecks encountered during the development process with the respective mitigation plans.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Brand: Marketing, Product Development, Finance
- Operations: Packaging Engineering, NPC (New Product Commercialization), S&OP, Quality, Production/Fillers (Internal & External), Procurement & Finance
- R&D: Formulation and Regulatory
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Work well with cross-functional teams and take a leadership role within the team.
- Effective interpersonal skills are a must.
- MS Project knowledge and experience required, Excel and Word
- 4 to 5 years of project management experience in CPG or Beauty Industry
- Understanding of new product development processes & stage gate approach.
- Exposure to production environment & interaction of packaging, process, manufacturing.
- Able to quickly analyze data and information from different places and put it together into a project plan or timeline.
Trust 8 Competencies
Below is a list of Trust 8 Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big: Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks: Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial”.
- Hands On: Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end.
- Collaborate: Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open: Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity: Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable: Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- Applaud Success: Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law