Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Manager, HRBP - GBHLocation: New York, New York Brand: Shiseido Date: 05/31/2022
Shiseido is looking for a dedicated, strategic and innovative HR Manager, who will provide guidance and support to employees for all HR related matters, including employee relations, organizational development, talent development, employee engagement and performance management.
As part of the HRBP Team supporting Global Brand Holders, the Manager, HRBP will work closely with the Executive Director, HR COEs and other leaders to design and implement a culture that supports and reinforces the organization’s People First plans & objectives.
At Shiseido, we care about our employees, and are committed to creating a people-centric culture where ideas are fostered, talent is celebrated, and careers are built.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as counsel, guide, and support to employees and people managers
- Involvement in all aspects of people management including Performance Management, Learning and Development, Talent Review / Development, Recruitment; Benefits and creating a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and empathy.
- Develop, update, and maintain HR Policies and procedures as necessary, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and best practice
- Responsible for management of the on-boarding process of all new employees
- Support Talent Acquisition by reviewing job descriptions, identifying search criteria, and supporting the selection process
- Provide advice and coaching to managers regarding employee relations practices, policies, and employment laws
- Assist in overseeing and monitoring the annual performance appraisal program to ensure timely review of employee performance, consistent with Company policy.
- Monitor turnover and develop strategies to maintain/enhance morale/engagement and retention
- Serve as first escalation point for staff, & management, related to employee services, benefits, and counseling
- Hear and resolve employee concerns or grievances
- Counsel employees and supervisors on disciplinary procedures
- Administer termination processes, including conducting and analyzing exit interviews and coordinating with all departments to ensure proper termination for all exiting employees
- Stay abreast of external trends and research relevant to HR and talent management
- Review and recommend updates to our policies
- Partner with the business areas to identify employee training needs and implement solutions
- Ad hoc projects as necessary
- Monitoring and partnering (alongside HRBP & Finance) to ensure adherence to budget commitments in so far as open roles
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and/or equivalent Human Resources certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of HR experience in Human Resources.
- Proven HR professional who can grasp details quickly and be “hands on” in the area of execution and strategy.
- The ability to influence and direct regardless of reporting relationships.
- A proven record of building effective relationships across a large, global organization, and provide first-class customer service to our business clients.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written skills with the ability to work across various functions and levels.
- Must possess a broad, general knowledge of laws and regulations related to areas of responsibility.
- Thrives in a fast pace and evolving business environment with a professional, positive and enthusiastic mindset.
- Must have impeccable integrity, a forthright approach and a willingness to exchange open and candid feedback in order to improve leadership and ensure business success.
- Possess the desire to build and maintain strong trusting working relationships with business clients
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand business issues and implications is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions based in factual data.
- Demonstrate a passion for growth and innovation
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law