Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Executive Director, Global Integrated Communications (NARS)Location: New York, New York Brand: NARS Date: 07/19/2022
This position is an integral part of the Global Integrated Communications Department. The role oversees the Global Brand Communications and Global Integrated Communications & Influencer Engagement functions.
- Development and execution of the brands’ owned, earned and paid global creator strategies
- External facing global communications programs and experiences to build NARS’ image, awareness and equity amongst creators, consumers, retailers, industry leaders and fashion/celebrity tastemakers
- New platform creator experimentation and development
- Internal Communications
- Issue/Crisis management
- Brand Communications, storytelling assets, collateral, and tools development
- Mr. Nars special projects and initiatives
- Beauty of Change Cause Platform
- Localization and implementation of the Global strategy and counsel for key strategic markets including China, Travel Retail, US, UK, etc. and drive launch and establishment of new markets
- Brand’s global paid creator strategy and partnerships, guidelines, and vetting
- Strong collaborative relationships with key global, regional and market leads of NARS and Affiliates i.e., Global Marketing, Digital and Global social media, E-Commerce, Artistry, Affiliate Regional and Brand Managers and PR Managers
DIRECT RESPONSIBILITIES DETAIL:
- Develop brand storytelling to amplify, reach and engage consumers across -relevant channels
- Lead creation and distribution of communications toolkits and special packaging to each region with key launch materials including messaging, press releases, photography, event, and influencer activation guidelines
- Lead global brand creator and consumer experiences inclusive of agency RFP process. event conceptualization and execution
- Support François Nars initiatives, projects, and market visits
- Oversee Beauty of Change cause platform strategy, global rollout, programming and cross-channel communications.
- Oversee all relevant budgets and interface with finance team on a regular basis to ensure accuracy. Lead creation of annual budget guidelines for markets
- Lead all Corporate/Brand Communications needs and serve as liaison for Shiseido and Tokyo HQ.
- Develop executive leadership and employee talent communications strategy to include engagement opportunities, panels, social media presence, interviews, etc.
- Drive NARS Brand Communications strategy to include overarching brand promotion as a leading innovator in the industry, digital and consumer engagement technology, etc.
- Lead all trade organization requests, events, special projects
- Lead Crisis/Issue Management for all brand touchpoints including Social and Traditional Media, Customer Service, E-Comm, etc. for consumer sensitivity issues, product testing and safety, ingredient concerns, talent/influencer communications related partnerships/relationships
- Partner with Legal, Shiseido Corporate Communications, Tokyo HQ and brand stakeholders on crisis and issues action plans for internal and external audiences to protect the brand image and equity globally
- Lead risk assessment for influencer partnerships and collaborations, collaborate with Shiseido Corporate Communications for external counsel accordingly
Global Earned and Paid Integrated Communications & Creator Engagement:
- Drive a cohesive global earned + paid strategy to support all key launches/initiatives with influencers.
- Amplify brand messages and storytelling with 360-degree approach for influencer programs, disruptive experiences, and event touchpoints
- Further NARS’ earned and paid creator strategies, ensuring ongoing relevance through key as well as emerging platforms, content types, and influencer verticals
- Lead development of new market launch Communications strategies, inclusive of pre-launch, launch and post-launch periods
- Identify and explore new platform creator experimentation and development
- Ideate new and compelling ways to engage the creator community and consumers with possible ties to retail, DTC, etc.
- Contribute to the development of brand’s 3-year strategy; anticipate future opportunities via industry analysis, culture and trend forecasting
- Oversee regional and local market influencer strategy, approach, and activity/partnerships to ensure global consistency
- Oversee development of strategic paid global influencer partnerships and campaigns
- Partner with Regional heads in Europe, Asia, and the Americas to develop key Communications strategies that support their specific regions through events, assets, and content
- Secure Regional buy in to support incremental localized programs surrounding major strategic priorities
- Oversee global measurement partners, monitoring and KPI process
- Minimum 15 years of experience in public relations/communications in agency or in-house
- Experience in International Communications with knowledge specifically within the Asia region preferred
- Extensive understanding of the Creator/KOL and media landscape globally (Americas, EMEA, Asia)
- Finger on pulse of digital innovation and developments in the space
- Strong understanding of Creator contract development and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must have the ability to understand international marketplace including trends and cultural behaviors Understanding of global cosmetics and beauty landscape and competitor sets
- Ability to think and communicate strategically and to differentiate trends/best practices amongst cultures
- Ability to manage plans and budgets
- Superior attention to detail with a high level of creative energy
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience in managing multiple PR agencies and contractors
- Diplomacy, team player and leadership skills required
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law