Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Director, Global Integrated Communications (NARS)Location: New York, New York Brand: NARS Date: 11/16/2023
This position is an integral part of the Global Integrated Communications Department. The role oversees Global Brand Communications. This role will be responsible for driving the strategy, planning and execution of key global brand communications that reinforce the NARS brand equity globally to drive brand awareness, build brand love and reinforce the key points of difference with the NARS brand.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop strategy for global press toolkits for all global launches as well as Region Exclusives led by Global teams. (Storytelling assets, collateral)
• Lead strategy and development of global experiences that drive brand equity and deliver ROI
• Partner with Regions on Regional Experience that reinforce NARS Brand DNA, global launch priorities and drive key ROI metrics (EMV, Awareness, Traffic to Retailers)
• Support Mr. Nars special projects and initiatives
• Support Mr. Nars market visit strategy in partnership with Region/Market/Integrated Communications team counterparts
• Beauty of Change Cause Platform
• Localization and implementation of the Global strategy and counsel for key strategic markets including China, Travel Retail, US, UK, etc. and drive launch and establishment of new markets
• Partner with SAC Corporate Communications and Global HQ on brand and corporate communications
• Support on Issue/Crisis Management
• Strong collaborative relationships with key global, regional and market leads of NARS and Affiliates i.e., Global Marketing, Digital and Global social media, E-Commerce, Artistry, Affiliate Regional and Brand Managers and PR Managers
DIRECT RESPONSIBILITIES DETAIL:
• Develop and refine communications strategy that successfully encompasses brand storytelling, reaches key business goals and amplifies/engage consumers across -relevant channels.
• Lead creation and distribution of communications toolkits and special packaging to each region with key launch materials including messaging, press releases, photography to ensure excellence in execution.
• Support core franchises with key markets on more localized opportunities that reinforce the build awareness and equity.
• Lead global brand creator and consumer experiences inclusive of agency RFP process. Event conceptualization and execution at a global level.
• Support François Nars initiatives, projects, and strategic elements of market visits.
• Oversee special brand projects that are unexpected and challenge the status quo but drive the NARS brand DNA.
• Oversee Beauty of Change cause platform strategy, global rollout, programming and cross-channel communications.
• Oversee relevant budgets on all key areas of scope and interface with finance team on a regular basis to ensure accuracy.
• Support Corporate/Brand Communications needs and serve as liaison for Shiseido and Tokyo HQ.
• Develop executive leadership and employee talent communications strategy to include engagement opportunities, panels, social media presence, interviews, etc.
• Drive NARS Brand Communications strategy to include overarching brand promotion as a leading innovator in the industry, digital and consumer engagement technology, etc.
• Lead all trade organization requests, events, special projects.
• Support Crisis/Issue Management for all brand touchpoints including Social and Traditional Media, Customer Service, E-Comm, etc. for consumer sensitivity issues, product testing and safety, ingredient concerns, talent/influencer communications related partnerships/relationships as needed.
• Partner with Legal, Shiseido Corporate Communications, Tokyo HQ and brand stakeholders on crisis and issues action plans for internal and external audiences to protect the brand image and equity globally.
Qualifications & Competencies:
• Minimum 8 years of experience in public relations/communications in agency or in-house
• Passion for the NARS brand and understanding of the brand voice, points of difference and brand codes.
• Ability to blend strategy of business needs with unique points of difference in all relevant toolkits, experiences and special projects.
• Experience in International Communications with knowledge specifically within the Asia region preferred.
• Ability to think and communicate strategically and to differentiate trends/best practices amongst cultures.
• Understanding of Special Events and key elements of success with attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and communications skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Ability to manage plans and budgets.
• Excellent project management skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
• Experience in managing/working with agencies and contractors.
• Entrepreneurial mindset to achieve excellence across all touchpoints.
• Must have the ability to understand international marketplace including trends and cultural behaviors. Understanding of global cosmetics and beauty landscape and competitor sets
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
$119,925 - $179,888/ year