Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Director, Global Event Experience Design (NARS)Location: New York, New York Brand: NARS Date: 05/31/2022
The position works closely with the VP to develop and creatively lead the conceptualization of NARS consumer & influencer experiences that cross the digital and physical space.
This role requires an ability to lead with innovative and captivating concepts and create best in class online, offline and hybrid activations. The role aligns with cross-functional Global and Regional teams, local agencies and consultants, and provides leadership in visually communicating unique and disruptive animations and product launch distortions globally.
- Collaborate with Global and Regional teams to define event strategies to build Brand equity, support new launches, product distortions and locally relevant initiatives.
- Lead the conceptualization and development of unique and innovative large-scale animations and events to support global product launches.
- Create schematic drawings and 3D renderings to communicate experiential vision to internal teams and retailers/clients.
- Partner with marketing, integrated communication, digital teams and promote the use of digital interactive tools to increase customer engagement.
- Coordinate and oversee freelancers who will adapt concepts to smaller scale and on-counter events.
- Lead the development of the guidelines for Event Experiences for global distribution.
- Lead regional design teams, consultants and agencies to develop connected and locally relevant in-store and out-of-home events and animations in alignment with Global concept design. Review and approve layouts for all main events to ensure global consistency. Develop value engineering strategies as required to ensure budget targets are met.
- Partner with Global Creative to select seasonal visual and film assets for global events/animations.
- Lead development of traffic-stopper display windows that meet budgets and schedules.
- Partner with Integrated Communications to develop Global influencers events which will lead to EMV (earned media value). Lead production and set up as required.
- Partner with VP VMSD, Global & Regional Marketing and Digital teams to influence a cohesive strategy for NARS digital and hybrid animations.
- Lead the conceptualization of selected digital events with global relevance. Review and provide guidance to regional/local teams, consultants and agencies on the design of preeminent locally relevant adaptations.
- Support global and local teams to manage and prioritize varied stakeholders’ needs to ensure virtual design solutions are engaging and impactful for consumers and successfully deliver against business objectives.
- Partner with ED Store Design and digital teams to conceptualize seasonal animations for NARS virtual boutique and pop-up virtual shops.
- Enhance offline product story telling with digital immersive tactics to increase engagement, encourage content creation and content sharing.
- Partner with regional and local teams to implement sustainable practices for event production.
- Manage and oversee freelancers and consultants.
- Lead presentations of event strategy during Regional and Global meetings. Support VP in providing coaching to VM and Marketing teams in the Regions.
- Maintain awareness of company consumer insights studies and competitive landscape to keep abreast of trends and drive innovation.
- BA or BFA in Architecture, Interior Design or set design.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in events and windows design. Ideal candidate should have relevant experience in prestige fashion and/or beauty. International experience a plus.
- Travel 10% of time to regional events
- Demonstrated managerial experience.
- Highly driven, energetic, flexibility and team spirited.
- Must know and be able to stay current with trends across the regions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build strong professional relationships.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail, ability to execute flawlessly, strong knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes and costs.
- Ability to effectively convey ideas through 2D drawings and 3D renderings.
- Strong understanding of relevant trends in fashion/art/technology/design/beauty and demonstrated ability to incorporate them into concept designs.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, SketchUp and Office suite.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law