Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Coordinator, Human ResourcesLocation: New York, New York Brand: Shiseido Date: 09/21/2022
Come join our dynamic HR Team as HR Coordinator!
As HR Coordinator, you will be responsible for day-to-day administrative, project and analytics tasks to support the organization’s HR strategy and "People First” initiatives. This is a hands-on, tactical role that performs administrative tasks and services to drive effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department.
In this role you will report to the Executive Director, Human Resources and support 2 additional HR business partners that work closely with our global brand holders (NARS; Drunk Elephant; Shiseido Make Up), and Shared Services (Finance; IT; Legal etc.) divisions.
At Shiseido, you’ll be accepted and respected for who you are—for your talent, your potential, and your individuality. If you are eager to take on new challenges while collaborating with some of the most charismatic professionals in the industry, bring your enthusiasm, your ideas, and your passion and let’s get to work.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the HR team on aspects of organizational effectiveness that include hiring selection, employee relations, performance management, and employee retention & development
- Maintain organizational charts and HRIS system (SuccessFactors) for accuracy
- Assist in onboarding tasks, which include but not limited to: Responsible for sending welcome emails and materials, verifying I-9s, conducting new hire orientation, updating onboarding materials and self-guided orientation deck to reflect business changes
- Manage the offboarding process for terminated employees, including equipment return, exit paperwork, system processing, question management and coordination with Facilities/ IT.
- Conducts research on industry and functional best practices in support of achieving strategic HR initiatives
- Responsible for supporting the execution of communication strategies. Compiles and disseminates written communications across the business
- Assist the HRBP’s in the implementation of the annual performance review and talent review process
- Use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to build presentations and shared workbooks/spreadsheets/reports (
- Assist with key ad hoc projects and reporting as needed
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls, and events; reserve locations and conference rooms, send Outlook invitations, manage attendee list, coordinate with audio visual, and assists with preparing agendas
- Ensure employee inquiries are answered and/or properly routed in a timely manner
- Interpret and explain HR policies, procedures, and guidelines. Assist in updating or modifying HR policies as needed.
- Support in coordination of employee engagement activities
- Responsible for the entry and audit of HRIS data for respective business groups (salary changes, promotions, transfers, hierarchy management, open position creation, terminations etc.)
- Supports in tracking & management of temporary employees & consultants
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Continuously explore opportunities to innovate and improve the HR function and process
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- HR Centers of Excellence (COE)
Qualifications & Competencies: (List required or desired education; competencies; experiences; soft & hard skills)
- 1 year of HR or internship experience.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Human Resource Management or related field preferred.
- Ability to always maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Strong administrative, time management and follow through skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Experience with HRIS and employee data management is a plus.
- Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must have great listening skills
- Ability to collaborate and work with all levels of employees
- Strong interpersonal skills: people oriented; customer service savvy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to adapt to changing needs of the organization
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Teams)
- Familiarity with HRIS System, specifically SuccessFactors highly desired
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law