Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Art Director, Global Social Media & Emergent Platform Experience (NARS)Location: New York, New York Brand: NARS Date: 01/27/2023
The Art Director, Global Social Media & Emergent Platform Experience is a forward-thinker who is an expert in social media and experiential storytelling, with proven ability to use emerging technology to create disruptive and exciting creative. This role will focus on developing strong, concept driven creative assets for social platforms, creating cohesive and immersive virtual platform storytelling, and push innovation to define future metaverse landscapes experiences via emerging platforms like Roblox. He/she must be a multi-faceted creative with in-depth experience in photo art direction, a deep knowledge of existing social platforms, and proven ability to apply innovative and emerging technology in the areas of XR (VR, AR, MR) and gaming to immersive storytelling. The Art Director, Global Social Media & Emergent Platform Experience must be a highly creative individual with extremely strong executional skills. He/she must be pro-active, flexible, driven, and be a team player who embodies the NARS passion and positive attitude. This role reports into the Vice President, Global Design Studio & Digital Experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversight of all social creative assets released, ensuring that creative solutions meet NARS creative and brand standards, support strategic brand priorities, and key business needs.
- Content creation across social channels and emerging virtual platforms, ensuring accurate visual expression of campaign launch strategy and brand representation: concept, photo art direction, pre- and post-production of still and moving assets, on-model and product, motion graphics, animation, moving typographic treatments, etc.
- Short form video content for TikTok and Reels: partnering with the Global Digital Innovation team on Brand positioning within these platforms and identifying white space opportunities; creating relevant, engaging, and on-brand short form videos from start to finish that feel native to platform; providing oversight on short form video content created with outside collaborators and agency partners.
- Provide clear creative guidance to outside collaborators and agency partners on innovative concepts and immersive experiential initiatives in the areas of XR and gaming
- High involvement in the strategic application of creative content across social and immersive media touchpoints in partnership with marketing and digital strategy partners.
- Key stakeholder and hands-on oversight of creative assets developed by international partners, including development of global guidelines and templates.
- Ensure that NARS creative remains innovative, artistic, iconic, and stand out vs. competition
- Management of team workflows; ensuring that deliverables are on-time.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Collaborate closely with Global Digital Innovation team on all points.
- Partner with all creative team members within the Global Design Studio, Global Digital Experience, Global Film & Photo Production, and Creative Operations departments.
- Additional cross-functional partners: Global Marketing, Global Ecomm, International Marketing, Copy.
- Partner with outside creative teams, agencies, and vendors.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- BFA or higher in design or related field, with focus preferably in Digital Design, UX/UI.
- 6+ years related overall experience with 3+ years of that experience at an Art Director level at a creative agency or in-house at a leading relevant brand (beauty / fashion).
- A strong multi-disciplinary background in art direction, motion & animation, social platforms, game design, interaction and experiential design combined.
- Fluent in existing and emerging social and virtual platforms and immersive media products with the ability to execute using new technologies.
- Strong vision, skills, and comprehensive understanding of integrated storytelling.
- Must have expert understanding and hands-on demonstrable experience in asset creation (stills and moving, product and on-model) from concept to on-set photo art direction, pre- and post-production, as well as in the process & design of interactive experiences: knowledge of flow, pace, engagement, structure, environment, and building narrative.
- Proven experience in XR (VR, AR, MR) design, development, and implementation. Full cycle game development a plus.
- Beauty experience a must; appreciation and passion of luxury / prestige industry; strong sense of visual style — photography, design, typography, graphics, etc.
- Ability to ideate strong concepts grounded in clear branding, marketing strategy, and business rationale, with demonstrated ability to implement and execute omnichannel.
- Strategic, big-picture thinker with ability to produce highly conceptual work
- Demonstrates the skills to present creative concepts, find common-ground solutions, manage expectations, and execute ideas as aligned upon with cross-functional partners.
- Equally comfortable and able to provide effective oversight or be hands-on and execute projects independently.
- Consistently deliver high-quality work on time and with attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to be reactive, flexible, and resourceful under tight deadlines; thrive in a fast-paced environment; anticipate needs to quickly identify solutions.
- Highly organized, passionate, collaborative, energetic, positive, self-starter, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A desire to connect people, tell stories, and share experiences in new ways through technology
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
$93,480 - $140,220/ year