Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Specialist, TransportationLocation: Groveport, Ohio Brand: Shiseido Date: 11/16/2023
The Transportation Specialist is responsible for owning the relationships amongst departments, customers/vendors and freight carriers to ensure the timely movement of international and domestic freight while driving down the company’s costs to support these deliveries.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with internal departments, customers, freight forwarders and carriers in establishing and maintaining processes.
- Establish and maintain business relationships with all key forwarder personnel at origin and destination points to insure timely movement and delivery of freight.
- Monitor service levels and delivery dates and follow through with forwarder contacts on all issues that may occur through to resolution.
- Provide updates to relevant internal and external customers.
- Manage processes directly with customers/vendors who are shipping both internationally and domestically.
- Help ensure customer/vendor shipping compliancy and meet shipping/delivery windows.
- Insure compliant hazmat shipping.
- Establish and maintain business relationships with key customer/vendor personnel.
- Review and create required domestic and international shipping documents as needed.
- Provide HTS classifications as needed.
- Communicate and monitor cutoff dates/times to meet scheduled departures and support delivery by dates.
- Provide updates to relevant internal customers of any issues that may arise (production delays, transit delays, etc.)
- Support Customs Compliance Manager to take full advantage of customs programs that Shiseido may be eligible for (duty drawback, NAFTA, free trade agreements).
- Communicate with shipping vendors to maximize usage of shipping space to minimize freight costs.
- Review pallet configurations and container load patterns.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Technical skills – Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and internet navigation. Experience with order management and warehouse management systems.
- 5 years plus of progressive and related experience in international shipping coordination, document generation, international routing analysis and development in a freight forwarder environment.
- Thorough knowledge of domestic and international transportation options and relative pricing.
- Have knowledge of import and export regulations relative to role in transportation.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level at one time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to reprioritize quickly with minimal drop-off in performance and still meet deadlines.
- Anticipate problems before they occur and react accordingly.
- Identify resources and communicate effectively any ideas, directions and questions.
- Follow up on tasks through to completion.
Trust 8 Competencies
Below is a list f Trust 8 Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big:Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks:Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial”.
- Hands On:Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end.
- Collaborate:Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open:Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity:Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable:Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- Applaud Success:Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law