Or browse by
Choose a Category
Choose a Location
- Allen Jobs 1
- Branson Jobs 1
- Cabazon Jobs 1
- Central Valley Jobs 3
- Columbus Jobs 1
- Cypress Jobs 2
- Destin Jobs 4
- East Millstone Jobs 2
- East Windsor Jobs 24
- Edgewater Jobs 1
- Fort Worth Jobs 1
- Groveport Jobs 5
- Houston Jobs 1
- Livermore Jobs 4
- Merrimack Jobs 3
- Monroe Jobs 1
- Myrtle Beach Jobs 1
- New York Jobs 21
- Niagara Falls Jobs 2
- North Charleston Jobs 3
- Park City Jobs 4
- Pennsylvania Furnace Jobs 1
- Riverhead Jobs 3
- Rosemont Jobs 3
- Rutherford Jobs 6
- Seattle Jobs 1
- Thornton Jobs 2
- Vacaville Jobs 1
- Wrentham Jobs 3
Specialist, TransportationLocation: Groveport, Ohio Brand: Shiseido Date: 11/17/2021
The Distribution Center (DC) Transportation Specialist is responsible for owning the relationships amongst DC departments, customers/vendors and freight carriers to ensure the timely movement of international and domestic freight while driving down the company’s costs to support these deliveries.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all DC departments, customers, freight forwarders and carriers in establishing and maintaining processes.
- Establish and maintain business relationships with all key forwarder personnel at origin and destination points to insure timely movement and delivery of freight.
- Monitor service levels and delivery dates and follow through with forwarder contacts on all issues that may occur through to resolution.
- Provide updates to relevant internal and external customers.
- Manage processes directly with customers/vendors who are shipping both internationally and domestically.
- Help ensure customer/vendor shipping compliancy and meet shipping/delivery windows.
- Insure compliant hazmat shipping.
- Establish and maintain business relationships with key customer/vendor personnel.
- Review and create required domestic and international shipping documents as needed.
- Provide HTS classifications as needed.
- Communicate and monitor cutoff dates/times to meet scheduled departures and support deliver by dates.
- Provide updates to relevant internal customers of any issues that may arise (production delays, transit delays, etc.)
- Support Customs Compliance Manager to take full advantage of customs programs that Shiseido may be eligible for (duty drawback, NAFTA, free trade agreements).
- Communicate with shipping vendors to maximize usage of shipping space in order to minimize freight costs.
- Review pallet configurations and container load patterns.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- AA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Have knowledge of import and export regulations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level at one time.
- Able to reprioritize quickly with minimal drop-off in performance and still meet deadlines.
- Anticipate problems before they occur and react accordingly.
- Identify resources and communicate effectively any ideas, directions and questions.
- Follow up on tasks through to completion.
- Analyze situations in detail, gather relevant information and act decisively.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to interact effectively with personnel within the department and other departments that impact or are impacted by the Traffic department.
- Know the importance of providing excellent customer service. Ability to identify who the customer is – end customer, vendors, stores, other internal departments, etc. and doing whatever it takes to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Enthusiastic about company and personal growth. Willingness to take on new responsibilities.
- Technical skills – Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and internet navigation. Experience with order management and warehouse management systems.
- 5 years plus of progressive and related experience in international shipping coordination, document generation, international routing analysis and development in a freight forwarder environment.
- Thorough knowledge of domestic and international transportation options and relative pricing.