Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
1st shift Maintenance TechnicianLocation: Groveport, Ohio Brand: Shiseido Date: 06/23/2023
Responsible for equipment preventative maintenance (PMs) and repairs to conveyors, electrical equipment, associated warehouse equipment and general maintenance in 500,000 sq ft distribution center (DC). Identify and troubleshoot conveyor, equipment and electrical power distribution and motor controls. Safely operate warehouse equipment and machinery. Perform minor equipment repairs requiring welding and fabrication. Regularly uses hand and power tools and performs work at various heights.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform mechanical repairs ranging from routine to intermediate on equipment associated with warehouse distribution systems.
- Participate in Power Industrial Truck (PIT) training to obtain and maintain a license to drive warehouse equipment, including forklift, cherry picker and turret truck.
- Perform mechanical and electrical repairs on all DC related equipment.
- Perform equipment diagnostics and repairs of motor control systems, scanners, and building systems.
- Identify damaged or defective equipment and repair in a timely manner.
- Detect safety hazards and plan/organize smart, safe solutions.
- Develop project plans, organize and/or lead projects.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Technical training or certifications preferred.
- 5+ years related experience working in a DC environment.
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to use hand and power tools.
- Previous experience with conveyor belt repair required.
- Proficiency with computers, including email and Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Familiarity with DC technologies and process flow.
- Proficiency in the operation and utilization of various Test & Metering equipment.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation with the ability to work independently with little/no direction.
- Willingness and availability to work flexible hours as needed, including weekends and overtime.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds and consistently stand/walk on a concrete floor, bend, stoop, and climb stairs.
- Must be able to perform work at high elevations.