Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Waste Water Treatment OperatorLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 06/24/2022
Apply to join Shiseido Americas, one of the top cosmetics companies in the world! For 150 years, Shiseido has celebrated the power of beauty - we are PEOPLE FIRST and strive for BEAUTY INNOVATIONS FOR A BETTER WORLD.
Shiseido offers salaries based on experiance and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with 4% employer contributions
- 14 paid company holidays
- 23 days annual PTO for all new hires
- Generous bonus program
- 40% employee discounts for our brands
- $1,000 company gratis program
- Tuition reimbursement and much more!
We encourage our employees to grow their skillsets through learning and development courses as well as advance their careers through internal mobility opportunities. Here at the Shiseido Manufacturing Plant located in East Windsor, NJ, we work to show our employees appreciation by providing year-round opportunities to volunteer and donate to charity, enjoy annual employee appreciation celebrations, and rewards for exemplary safety practices. Learn more about joining our team below and at careers.shiseido.com.
Description (position overview)
Operate the Wastewater Treatment plant in East Windsor to keep the site in compliance with State and local wastewater regulations, and to maintain the flow of discharge in support of Production and Manufacturing cleaning operations.
- The operator will possess and maintain or be able to obtain within 6 months of hire, a valid Industrial Wastewater Operator N-2 (or above) License from the NJDEP.
- Continuously manages daily operating tasks including chemical analysis of wastewater. Sets operating conditions within the WWT process in accordance with the analysis results to achieve the quality regulations for treated water discharge found in the State and local discharge permits.
- Maintains all aspects of the WWT plant and equipment, performs equipment repairs, and cleans up spills. Manages the ordering and inventory of treatment chemicals and transports and feeds them into dosing stations.
- Emergency response to system generated operating alarms. Assures a continuous flow of water through the process to discharge.
- Schedules and assists with the off-site removal of sludge and operates the dewatering process.
- Manages the Odor Control system performance in support of plant air emission permits.
- Collects and submits monthly discharge samples to outside laboratories.
- Monitors operating conditions within the outdoor influent and effluent pump stations and reports disruptions to Facilities.
- Schedules clean-out of Oil-Water Separator (OWS) station and maintains OWS log.
- Records all relevant operating conditions, changes, and communications in the Operators Log, and makes entries in the daily totalizer Flow Logs.
- Works in a safe manner and maintains a clean and safe environment.
- 24 hour on call availability
- Maintains consistent security of the treatment plant building and equipment, and safety kits, spill kits, and PPE equipment.
- Operator has NJPDES permit management responsibilities including monitoring chain-of-custody requirements for sampling of discharge on a monthly, semi-annual and annual basis. Oversees annual sludge characterization by outside laboratories.
- Prepares Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMR), Sludge and Oil-Water Separator Residual Transfer Reports (RTR), Annual Sludge Characterization Report, and Residual Waste Characterization Report (RWCR).
Responsibilities (List tasks, responsibilities, details)
- Daily operation, maintenance, and cleaning of WWT equipment and physical plant. Handle chemical drums and totes, including forklift operations. Maintain continuous flow to support operations.
- Perform chemical tests daily and adjust operating equipment to assure compliance with State and local discharge regulations.
- Continuous improvements to WWT equipment and operating processes. Develop equipment and supply list to support recommendations.
- Prepare submissions of monthly operating results for State and Local discharge regulations. Use NJDEP on-line reporting system.
- Keep a perpetual inventory of treatment chemicals and place orders for chemical resupply to meet the needs of the operations. Schedule sludge trucks and assist with pick-ups.
- Interfaces directly with Compliance, Facilities, and mechanics, plumbing and electrical contractors, waste haulers, chemical suppliers, NJDEP inspectors, EWMUA samplers.
- High School diploma, Associate degree in Sciences, or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree in scientific field preferred.
- Valid NJDEP N-2 (or higher) Industrial Wastewater License or must be able to obtain license within 12 months of hire.
- Analytical laboratory experience preferred.
- Mechanical and plumbing experience preferred.
Our Principles serve as the working principles that every Shiseido employee must follow. These eight working principles – known as “TRUST 8” – are based on the idea that mutual trust is the key to succeeding in Our Mission.
- THINK BIG – Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- TAKE RISKS – Embrace risk. Practice “Trial & Error & Trial”.
- HANDS ON – Consider front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end-to-end.
- COLLABORATE – Break free from the silo mentality. Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- BE OPEN – Be transparent. Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up – even if it is bad news.
- ACT WITH INTEGRITY – Be sincere and humble at all times.
- BE ACCOUNTABLE – Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- APPLAUD SUCCESS – Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law