Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Supervisor, Process EngineeringLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 06/07/2023
The Supervisor, Process Engineering leads a team of process improvement engineers and 1 training supervisor in support of the focus of the department, to promote a constant transformation in the industrial operation by developing, implementing, and ensuring conformity of the cosmetic production processes. This is achieved by the ability to drive change management and continuous improvement with strong problem solving and project management skills.
Under the direction of department management, this role will be responsible for leadership, ensuring strategic focus, training and mentoring on all process improvement initiatives to drive a strong culture of high performance, excellent quality, safety, teamwork, and cost.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must have demonstrated team and individual leadership skills such as decision making, goal setting, problem solving, negotiating, analytical and team building skills (promoting positive attitudes and achievements)
- Demonstrates ability to lead people, to work effectively with cross functional teams, and to facilitate cooperation across functional departments (Production, Manufacturing, Quality, Safety, Planning and Automation) to determine, achieve and improve Productivity, Quality, Safety and Cost in our process and products.
- Support the identification of risk, development of mitigation strategies, alternative solutions and resolution of issues in collaboration with cross functional groups.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with process documentation and training for standardized work.
- Proven ability to work in an agile, dynamic, team-oriented environment meeting mission-critical requirement and making decision.
- Demonstrates excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting, and resolving complex issues.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks along with excellent time management skills and customer service skills.
- Support the management of engineering projects and activities assigned to site team members, from initiation to closure, through all stages of the Projects.
- Supporting the Production team with Production cost review (labor cost).
- Drive process optimization projects to continuously improvement activities using lean tools for cost reduction, quality improvement, improved efficiency, and improved material flow.
- Define operating conditions and procedures which maximize OEE and assembly efficiency of processes in plant.
- Develop capabilities of direct reports.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Works with R&D, Project Management, Operations, Planning, and Packaging Design departments to design, coordinate, and report results for packaging line trials within project timelines.
- Works with R&D, QA, and Operations to prepare documentation (procedures, specifications, etc.) and to support training of personnel.
- Works with QA, QC, Operations to investigate out-of-spec and non-conforming product. Provides investigation status updates to same groups as well as to Planning department and Technical management.
- Works with equipment and tooling vendors to design and purchase tooling for scale up of products onto the packaging lines.
- Works with internal maintenance personnel to improve equipment design, obtain machine parts, and set up packaging lines for trials.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations Management or Industrial Management preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, chemicals or consumer goods production team.
- Knowledge of Filling and Assembly processes and high-speed machines is preferred.
- Ability to interpret process documentation and support the development of full-scale processes.
- Understanding of GMP manufacturing.
- Packaging experience is a plus.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Six Sigma/Green Belt or Black Belt
- Experience with TPM Management System (Total Productivity Management)
- Ability to lead Kaizen events
- General knowledge of plant quality systems: Quality Control, Nonconformances, Preventative Maintenance, Calibration, Document and Data Control Processes
- Experience leading or supporting capital projects and line qualifications.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, AutoCad, Microsoft Project and SAP
Our Principles serve as the working principles that every Shiseido employee must follow. These eight working principles – known as “TRUST 8” – are based on the idea that mutual trust is the key to succeeding in Our Mission.
- THINK BIG – Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- TAKE RISKS – Embrace risk. Practice “Trial & Error & Trial”.
- HANDS ON – Consider front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end-to-end.
- COLLABORATE – Break free from the silo mentality. Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- BE OPEN – Be transparent. Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up – even if it is bad news.
- ACT WITH INTEGRITY – Be sincere and humble at all times.
- BE ACCOUNTABLE – Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- APPLAUD SUCCESS – Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law