Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Sr. Specialist, Technical Information GroupLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 09/11/2023
Sr. Specialist in Technical Information Group (TIG) will work on skincare and makeup products for our NARS, Drunk Elephant, Shiseido & Cle de Peau brands. Working with both innovation projects and calendarized launches, they will take a project from concept stage to market launch, with a focus on exploring consumer insight, development of claims and efficacy testing. This role will collaborate closely with all our partners, including marketing, formulation chemists, regulatory, safety, Shiseido global partners, and other cross-functional teams to develop winning products.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research consumer insight using various tools
- Develop claims and plan efficacy testing, execute the test via external testing houses.
- Drive clinical and consumer test development, utilize different testing methods and critically analyze data
- Select effective ingredients, incorporate various technologies
- Provide technical support to Marketing – help develop novel product concept/claims, interpretation of data and technologies, etc.
- Partner with external testing houses and other industry representatives. If needed, bring relevant new technologies and services in house.
- Support products’ global expansion, including China.
- Maintain awareness of competitor launches, new technologies, from various sources.
- Create and deliver compelling and influential presentations to partners and upper management.
- Independently lead projects.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- BS or graduate degree in Chemistry, Biology, chemical engineering or related science field.
- 5 – 8 yrs of experience in cosmetic product industry, good understanding of cosmetic product development, from technical side.
- Strong background in consumer insight, able to explore market space, gather, analyze and summarize various data points.
- Strong background in clinical/consumer testing. Background in clinical imaging, innovative testing methods will be a plus.
- Strong skills in thinking creatively and strategically, define risks, and able to take control of complicated projects.
- Skilled in scientific claims development and substantiation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including preparing and delivering impactful presentations to peers and upper management for decision making.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, handle multiple projects, able to prioritize tasks, and attention to details.
- Passion for cosmetic industry and knowledge of industry trends
Trust 8 Competencies
Below is a list of Trust 8 Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big:Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks:Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial”.
- Hands On:Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end.
- Collaborate:Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open:Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity:Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable:Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- Applaud Success:Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law