Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Specialist, TransportationLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 07/19/2022
The Corporate Transportation Specialist is responsible for owning the relationship amongst vendors, freight carriers, external and internal customers to ensure the timely movement, documentation accuracy of international freight.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain classifications: HTS, Hazardous materials
- Knowledge and preparation of international shipping documentation including forwarder and parcel
- Work with freight forwarders, brokers, and carriers for assigned vendors focusing on maximizing quality of service and reducing costs while troubleshooting and resolving international shipping issues (documentation, customs, carrier, etc.)
- Proactive and timely status communication and updates to relevant internal and external customers
- Perform transportation quotes for expedite shipments vendor options to ensure optimum service levels and manage cost containment
- Commercial invoice in-transit system transactions
- Domestic packing list in-transit system transactions
- Third party movement receiver system transactions
- Inventory data adjustments
- Customer Service administrative tasks
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Supports and interacts with Purchasing, Production, Sourcing on Purchase Order status and with International Order Management on Export Sales Orders for The Shiseido Group USA
- Works directly with Transportation team, Distribution Centers in NJ/Ohio, third party vendors and carriers.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 3 plus years of progressive responsibility positions of related experience in logistics, or international shipping including document generation, international routing analysis and development. Experience in a freight forwarder environment is a plus. Experience accessing and analyzing data to produce and implement improvements is required.
- Work effective and collaboratively in a team environment (within the department and across the various brands). Strong analytical skills: Collect, analyze, and make recommendations using data. Flexible: Able to adapt to change. Excellent Excel and MS office skills are required.
- College degree preferred.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law