Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Senior Manager, Supply PlanningLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 05/05/2022
The primary objectives of the Senior Manager, Supply Planning is to ensure achievement of the below key KPIs for inventory maintained at the ADC distribution center in support of the brand’s business / demand plan
- Service level (fill-rate) – both to external retailers + DTC channels
- inventory optimization/coverage ($ and days of coverage)
- visibility to and disposition of E&O inventory
The candidate should have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Designing supply planning business processes and/or a track record of successfully deploying and implementing improvements to existing supply planning processes.
- An end-to-end understanding of the supply network from component supply through to finished goods shipments to customers
- Statistics-based stock policies, with prior experience in optimizing inventory to facilitate best use of net working capital (inventory, storage cost, logistics costs).
- Fostering and sustaining effective teams and working collaboratively cross-functionally to identify and mitigate potential risks and to drive overall business results.
- Utilizing enterprise level advanced planning tools (APO, i.e., SAP IBP, Logility, JDA Manugistics, etc.). Prior SAP IBP or APO experience is a major PLUS.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inventory optimization / coverage: drive continuous improvement to overall inventory holdings, delivering both availability and asset management objectives. This includes recommending appropriate stock holding parameters to facilitate management of the flow of inventory from the ADC (US).
- Customer service level / order fulfilment: Track, report and manage supply constraints and out of stock product scenarios, providing detailed root cause analysis and implementing corrective and preventative actions. Communicate to key stakeholders the risks, impacts, and recovery timelines.
- New launch products execution & coordination: Partner with international supply chain teams to deliver on time and in full deliveries to customers across saleable products and point of sale materials aligned to retailer expectations and on counter dates.
- Detect risks to availability date, evaluate corrective action cost and review with Shiseido TSA supply planning & affiliate customer service, alternative options to mitigate
- Alert on availability risks, share with the operational marketing, sales, and commercial logistics teams. Define and follow up action plans (arbitration…)
- Manage new launch quote on a day-to-day basis in reaction to increased market forecasts and/or supply availability
- Cost optimization & speed-to-market: Partner with Distribution and Logistics teams to identify and deliver operational efficiencies and streamline processes
- Collaboration: Collaborate with key demand planning teams to ensure demand and supply are in-sync to planned business activities
- Reporting/Meetings: Facilitate weekly supply review meetings with key stakeholders to communicate risks to demand/orders vs supply, and execute mitigation steps
- Ad-Hoc analysis
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Demand Planning
- External Operations & SAI planning teams
- Customer Service (External / US & Internal / Affiliate)
- Master Data
- IT – FOCUS (IBP) / SAC IT
- Total Inventory $ and DOH
- Service Fill-Rate (Missed $)
- Excess & Obsolete inventory in-flow (E&O prevention)
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 4-year bachelor's degree required.
- Major in Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, or related field a PLUS
- 5-8 years’ experience in supply planning or related supply chain experience (prestige, mass beauty or CPG preferred)
- Relevant supply chain, data analysis, or other business planning experience a PLUS
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex topics clearly and concisely to peers and senior leadership
- Advanced excel skills: demonstrated ability to quickly manipulate large raw data sets to produce reporting that is intuitive and easy to read/understand, advanced formulas and pivot table, and macros knowledge a MAJOR PLUS
- Power Point: demonstrated ability to summarize analysis into slides appropriate for distribution across the organization/management
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law