Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Quality Control Lab Technician - Split ShiftLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 05/31/2022
Apply to join Shiseido Americas, one of the top cosmetics companies in the world! For 150 years, Shiseido has celebrated the power of beauty - we are PEOPLE FIRST and strive for BEAUTY INNOVATIONS FOR A BETTER WORLD.
Shiseido offers competitive hourly rates and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with 4% employer contributions
- 14 paid company holidays
- 23 days annual PTO for all new hires
- 4% annual holiday bonus
- 40% employee discounts for our brands
- $1,000 company gratis program
- Tuition reimbursement and much more!
We encourage our employees to grow their skillsets through learning and development courses as well as advance their careers through internal mobility opportunities. Here at the Shiseido Manufacturing Plant located in East Windsor, NJ, we work to show our employees appreciation by providing year-round opportunities to volunteer and donate to charity, enjoy annual employee appreciation celebrations, and rewards for exemplary safety practices. Learn more about joining our team below and at careers.shiseido.com.
Responsible for a variety of analytical and physical testing deliverables: Sensory, Viscosity, pH, SpG, Hardness, FTIR, and refractive index. Will work in the QC Lab testing bulk and raw materials against specification.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform physical-chemical testing on Raw Materials utilizing USP and/or SAI methods.
- Perform physical-chemical testing on bulk samples utilizing USP and/or SAI methods.
- Bring and implement new ideas and innovations to the lab to improve efficiencies.
- Assist with assigned projects to completion and to committed deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with lab personal and within Quality department.
- Independently compile testing data, interpret, and make sound judgment of the data, and notify the results to supervisor/manager.
- Documentation of all raw data, observations in the notebooks or equivalent electronic system as per Good Documentation Practices.
- Performs testing such as Sensory, Viscosity, pH, SpG, Hardness, FTIR, RI.
- Assist in the development of new or improved test methods.
- QC calibration and checks.
- Maintain laboratory associated paperwork.
- Conducts laboratory investigation (OOS) as necessary.
- Stocks laboratory supplies.
- Data entry, preparing documents, and administrative duties as needed.
- Disposes all laboratory waste properly.
- Maintain a safe and clean lab environment.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Greater quality teams, cross functional partners including Production, Manufacturing, Planning, NPC
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university in a technical/STEM area such as Science, and/or Engineering.
- Two years or more working in pharmaceutical GMP manufacturing facility in a Quality Control Laboratory, GLP or related capacity and knowledge of cGMP.
Our Principles serve as the working principles that every Shiseido employee must follow. These eight working principles – known as “TRUST 8” – are based on the idea that mutual trust is the key to succeeding in Our Mission.
- THINK BIG – Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- TAKE RISKS – Embrace risk. Practice “Trial & Error & Trial”.
- HANDS ON – Consider front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end-to-end.
- COLLABORATE – Break free from the silo mentality. Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- BE OPEN – Be transparent. Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up – even if it is bad news.
- ACT WITH INTEGRITY – Be sincere and humble at all times.
- BE ACCOUNTABLE – Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- APPLAUD SUCCESS – Create a culture that celebrates success.