Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Quality Control Inspector - 1st ShiftLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 11/17/2022
This position is a part of SAI Quality Department.Under the supervision of the Quality Manager / Quality Supervisor the QC Inspector ensures compliance with cGMP and company policies, procedures, and specifications.
This position is responsible for inspection and quality evaluation of Incoming Components, WIPs and Finished Goods received or produced at Shiseido Americas East Windsor site ensuring their compliance with established Specifications/Standards.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
- Perform sampling, inspection and disposition of Incoming Components, Finished Goods and WIPs by checking visual and functional aspects of the product and package against Product Standard and Specification using statistical sampling tools such as ISO 2859, ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 or per company's SOP.
- Perform product Organoleptic evaluation for Color, Odor, Texture and Appearance. If needed for evaluation, product must be applied to the skin and checked against the approved Reference Standard.
- Conduct Line Start Up Verifications and Quality Audits of production lines as needed.
- Maintain and update Reference Standards and Defect Range Boards. Conduct daily verification of laboratory equipment.
- Assure accurate inspection documentation and data entry of required information into the applicable QC Data Base, release / reject components in applicable Inventory Data Base.
- Communicate non-conforming results and issues to QC and Production personnel. Assist QC Manager and Supervisor in investigating and resolving quality issues and consumer complaints.
- Monitor and review Production documentation. Submit samples to other groups as required. Store and maintain Retains samples.
- Maintain workspace in accordance with 6-S requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Horizontal: Production Personnel, Packaging Engineers, Planners, Buyers, Warehouse Personnel
- Vertical: Quality Supervisor, Quality Manager
Qualifications & Competencies:
Education & Experience:
- High school graduate, preferably with some college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1 - 3 years’ experience in Quality Control environment preferably in cosmetics, personal care, pharma, or food packaging industry with exposure to FDA and cGMP regulations. Strong working knowledge of attribute and variable inspections, ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 or ISO 2859 sampling methods.
- Good oral and written communication (English) skills, ability to read and interpret specifications and blueprints.
- Ability to use standard measuring equipment, basic math calculations. Ability to see the color. Basic knowledge of MS-Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to lift, stand or walk constantly all shift as needed.
- Ability to work independently handling large volumes of work and changing priorities as needed.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and positive team building attitude.
Measures & Targets:
- Quality Performance - RFT (Right the First Time) - % RFT
- Productivity - Number of Inspections / day / hours.
- Release Time - Number of Pending Inspections (backlog).