Or browse by
Choose a Category
Choose a Location
- Albuquerque Jobs 1
- Allen Jobs 1
- Anchorage Jobs 2
- Bellevue Jobs 2
- Branson Jobs 2
- Brea Jobs 1
- Charleston Jobs 1
- Charlotte Jobs 1
- Cincinnati Jobs 1
- Columbus Jobs 3
- Dallas Jobs 1
- Destin Jobs 2
- East Windsor Jobs 21
- Estero Jobs 1
- Fargo Jobs 2
- Glendale Jobs 3
- Groveport Jobs 1
- Lancaster Jobs 1
- Lynnwood Jobs 1
- Merrimack Jobs 1
- New York Jobs 27
- Omaha Jobs 1
- Park City Jobs 1
- Pleasanton Jobs 1
- Raleigh Jobs 3
- Roanoke Jobs 2
- Rutherford Jobs 6
- San Francisco Jobs 1
- Sevierville Jobs 2
- Sioux Falls Jobs 1
- St Louis Jobs 2
- Sterling Jobs 1
- Thousand Oaks Jobs 1
- Tigard Jobs 1
- Virginia Beach Jobs 1
- West Covina Jobs 1
- West Des Moines Jobs 3
- West Freehold Jobs 1
Plant Cost Accounting AnalystLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 04/08/2021
Title: Plant Cost Accounting Analyst
Dept: Finance, SAI
Reporting to: Manager, Cost Accounting
Full time Cost Accountant responsible for assisting with calculating and/or loading standard costs, inventory valuation, variance analysis, and annual budget costs for our products. Become our Costing Expert for NARS, Shiseido, and CPB Brands.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with calculating accurate item level standard costs by working cross functionally with the Manufacturing, Production, New Product Commercialization, Operations Product Development, and Procurement teams on operational rates and material prices loaded into our MAPICS and SAP systems.
- Assist with monthly closing activities including preparing journal entries for sales, cost of goods sold, inventory in transit, and inventory accrual.
- Assist with calculating and accumulating the monthly Excess and Obsolete financial impacts by working with the Planning and Material Supply teams.
- Multi-task with different deadlines from various stakeholders.
- Be a proactive Self-learner regarding Cosmetics terminology and acronyms.
- Assist in Pricing alignment across MAPICS, SAP, and HQ for accurate Inter-Co A/R billing and reporting.
- Assist with creation of annual budget standard costs and year over year variance analysis.
- Assist with process improvements in the Cost Accounting Function by identifying tasks that can be streamlined via Innovation / Time Management.
- Participate in the design of the upcoming SAP Product Costing system by working with the implementation team members.
- Participate in data cleansing from a costing and accounting perspective as needed.
- Participate in all phases of testing and cut over for the SAP implementation.
- Manage Ad-Hoc requests along with daily workload.
- Stay on top of recurring tasks by updating Labor and Component costs in MAPICS, and review Sample requests from multiple departments.
- Participate in YE Audit and Inventory Count
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- All East Windsor functional areas including Finance, Production Planning, Inventory Control, Quality Control, Manufacturing, Production, New Product Commercialization, and Material Supply.
- Regional teams including Operations Finance, External Operations, S&OP, Procurement, Master Data Management, Transfer Pricing, Tax, Internal Audit.
- Accuracy of monthly Sales and COGS in the P&L.
- Accuracy of Excess and Obsolete and Destruction costs included in the monthly financial results, along with impact related to Demand swings.
- Accuracy of New Product Cost Estimates (Feasibility / Initial / Final)
- Accuracy on In-transit activity and its impact on E&O.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance with 5+ years’ experience.
- Strong desire to learn product costing, systems, and manufacturing processes utilized by the Shiseido Operations teams.
- Interested in learning plant manufacturing and data tracking/collection processes including labor hours and material usage.
- Detail oriented, ability to roll up the sleeves and work on multiple projects.
- Desire to learn managerial accounting including month end processes and variance analysis.
- Intermediate to Advanced excel skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Apply Business Partnership techniques to meet expectations and deliver on deadlines.