Or browse by
Choose a Category
Choose a Location
- Albuquerque Jobs 1
- Allen Jobs 1
- Bellevue Jobs 1
- Branson Jobs 2
- Brea Jobs 1
- Charlotte Jobs 1
- Columbus Jobs 3
- East Windsor Jobs 23
- Fargo Jobs 1
- Glendale Jobs 2
- Groveport Jobs 6
- Lancaster Jobs 1
- Lynnwood Jobs 1
- Municipality of Bethel Park Jobs 1
- New York Jobs 34
- Omaha Jobs 1
- Orem Jobs 1
- Park City Jobs 3
- Pleasanton Jobs 1
- Raleigh Jobs 2
- Roanoke Jobs 3
- Rosemont Jobs 1
- Rutherford Jobs 8
- San Francisco Jobs 2
- Sevierville Jobs 1
- Sterling Jobs 1
- Thousand Oaks Jobs 2
- Tigard Jobs 2
- Virginia Beach Jobs 1
- West Des Moines Jobs 2
- West Freehold Jobs 1
Mechanic, Process Development GroupLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 04/27/2021
The AIC Process Development Mechanic position will support, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory and small-scale industrial equipment for the cGMP R&D Pilot Plant. This primarily include parts changeover, preventative maintenance, mechanical and automation/controls troubleshooting, and installation of new tooling and/or equipment to support the introduction of new products from R&D to the factory. The mechanic will support all equipment required to batch and fill most Shiseido product types including thick and thin liquid emulsions, lipsticks, hot pours, loose and pressed powders, etc. This person must maintain rigorous documentation of all work completed and is expected to operate autonomously once trained.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities: (List what are the main tasks)
- Function as the technical expert for all questions and issues related to Laboratory and Pilot Plant Batching and Filling equipment.
- Perform setup and tooling changeovers of equipment when necessary to support the Pilot Plant operation.
- Perform preventative maintenance program for Pilot Plant Batching & Filling equipment. Complete necessary documentation to maintain cGMP compliance.
- Troubleshoot and repair Laboratory and Pilot Plant Batching and Filling equipment in an efficient and safe manner as needed to minimize downtime.
- Assist and support Process Development Engineers with new tooling and/or equipment installations for new product introductions.
- Identify and correct for discrepancies between Pilot Plant and factory Batching and Filling equipment.
- Facilitate and support a safe working environment and maintain all safety certifications and training requirements, including lock-out/tag-out.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Process Development Team to understand new product processes and flowcharts, workload distribution, and scheduling.
- SAI Manufacturing Site’s Maintenance Team.
- Provide equipment technical support for AIC Lab staff.
Financial Accountability (budget/sales etc) – if applicable
Qualifications & Competencies: (List required or desired education; competencies; experiences; soft & hard skills)
- High School diploma with trade school, vocational school, or apprentice program training required.
- Minimum 10 years working in a cGMP manufacturing environment for cosmetic, personal care, pharmaceutical, food industry, or related consumer goods.
- Must have strong technical background for mechanical repair, with advanced knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems and equipment.
- Working knowledge of Electrical systems, PLC Programming, and basic machine shop equipment.
- Must be able to visually inspect, detect, and correct any problems with the product and equipment.
- Understanding of process flow charts and ability to recognize discrepancies and conflicts.
- Able to work autonomously within a given weekly schedule.
- Effective time management skills, good math skills, mechanical aptitude.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact, influence & train individuals throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to reach, pull, and lift materials up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to use MS Office software, Outlook and Excel.
- Fluency is required in English, both verbally and written
- Must be able to provide documentation of being legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not in need of now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law.