Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Mechanic-3rd ShiftLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 10/20/2023
Apply to join Shiseido Americas, one of the top cosmetics companies in the world! For 150 years, Shiseido has celebrated the power of beauty - we are PEOPLE FIRST and strive for BEAUTY INNOVATIONS FOR A BETTER WORLD.
Shiseido offers competitive hourly rates with additional pay for 2nd and 3rd shifts and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with 4% employer contributions
- 14 paid company holidays
- 23 days annual PTO for all new hires
- 4% annual holiday bonus
- 40% employee discounts for our brands
- $1,000 company gratis program
- Tuition reimbursement and much more!
We encourage our employees to grow their skillsets through learning and development courses as well as advance their careers through internal mobility opportunities. Here at the Shiseido Manufacturing Plant located in East Windsor, NJ, we work to show our employees appreciation by providing year-round opportunities to volunteer and donate to charity, enjoy annual employee appreciation celebrations, and rewards for exemplary safety practices. Learn more about joining our team below and at careers.shiseido.com.
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Mechanic is to effectively support daily production packaging or manufacturing operations and to maintain equipment in proper working order.
- Perform set-ups or product change-overs of equipment when necessary to support the daily Production schedule.
- Troubleshoot and repair Production packaging lines in an efficient and safe manner as needed to minimize downtime
- Perform preventative or predictive maintenance program for Production filling and packaging equipment and/or Bulk Manufacturing batching (compounding) equipment. Complete necessary documentation to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Support efforts to measure and improve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) for primary filling and packaging equipment.
- Provide effective communication with peers and management, ensure company goals and objectives are supported.
- Facilitate and support a safe working environment and maintain all safety certifications and training requirements, including lock-out/tag-out.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School diploma with trade school, vocational school, or apprentice program training required.
- 7+ years in a GMP environment required (cosmetic, personal care, pharmaceutical, food industry, or related consumer goods)
- Must have strong mechanical background for mechanical repair, with advanced knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems and equipment
- Familiarity with packaging filling and assembly equipment required. Familiarity with bulk manufacturing (batching) equipment a plus.
- Working knowledge for electrical systems troubleshooting required
- Working knowledge for PLC programming and troubleshooting preferred
- Working knowledge of basic machine shop equipment preferred
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Positive leadership and interpersonal skills
Our Principles serve as the working principles that every Shiseido employee must follow. These eight working principles – known as “TRUST 8” – are based on the idea that mutual trust is the key to succeeding in Our Mission.
- THINK BIG – Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- TAKE RISKS – Embrace risk. Practice “Trial & Error & Trial”.
- HANDS ON – Consider front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end-to-end.
- COLLABORATE – Break free from the silo mentality. Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- BE OPEN – Be transparent. Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up – even if it is bad news.
- ACT WITH INTEGRITY – Be sincere and humble at all times.
- BE ACCOUNTABLE – Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- APPLAUD SUCCESS – Create a culture that celebrates success.