Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Line Leader-2nd ShiftLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 10/26/2023
Apply to join Shiseido Americas, one of the top cosmetics companies in the world! For 150 years, Shiseido has celebrated the power of beauty - we are PEOPLE FIRST and strive for BEAUTY INNOVATIONS FOR A BETTER WORLD.
Shiseido offers competitive hourly rates with additional pay for 2nd and 3rd shifts and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with 4% employer contributions
- 14 paid company holidays
- 23 days annual PTO for all new hires
- 4% annual holiday bonus
- 40% employee discounts for our brands
- $1,000 company gratis program
- Tuition reimbursement and much more!
We encourage our employees to grow their skillsets through learning and development courses as well as advance their careers through internal mobility opportunities. Here at the Shiseido Manufacturing Plant located in East Windsor, NJ, we work to show our employees appreciation by providing year-round opportunities to volunteer and donate to charity, enjoy annual employee appreciation celebrations, and rewards for exemplary safety practices. Learn more about joining our team below and at careers.shiseido.com.
- Responsible for adhering to all safety, quality, GMP and departmental requirements while producing a quality finished good.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow all company Safety and GMP policies.
- Responsible for ensuring correct components have been set on the production line by verifying all component labels against the bill of material.
- Responsible for providing training, instruction and monitoring of the Assemblers assigned to the line in order to ensure that safety, quality and productivity objectives are met.
- Responsible for reading and following all quality specifications including completing and documenting hourly quality surveillance checks.
- Communicate all safety, ergonomic, quality, productivity and mechanical issues to the Supervisors in a timely manner.
- Complete all required record keeping and paperwork completely, accurately and on time.
- Process transactions to enter inventory through system software.
- Responsible for meeting efficiency goals including ensuring accurate line staffing and monitoring line speeds versus standards.
- Responsible for ensuring proper line clearance and verification of proper components on the line versus the bill of material.
- Responsible for communicating any carry-overs between production orders to Checkpoint to perform the necessary transactions.
- Accurately record Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) data.
- Actively work with the team to maintain a 6S workplace.
- Carry out other duties to be performed as required by Production Management.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Material Handler
- Return to Stock
- Senior Line Leader
- Production Manager
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Attention to detail: Ability to perform tasks carefully, accurately and efficiently in accordance with specific instructions and in compliance with quality and safety standards.
- Dependability: Ability to follow through on assignments and complete in a timely and competent manner.
- Communication: Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Math: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to calculate rate, ratio and percent.
- Computer literate.
- Positive leadership & interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In this position He/She will need to stand for prolong hours, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance. The person will be expose to temperature normal for a warehouse environment. The person will need to lift up to 50 pounds with or without any assistant.
Trust 8 Competencies
Below is a list of Trust 8 Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Think Big: Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- Take Risks: Embrace Risk, Practice “Trial and Error and Trial”.
- Hands On: Consider Front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end to end.
- Collaborate: Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- Be Open: Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up.
- Act with Integrity: Be sincere and humble at all times.
- Be Accountable: Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- Applaud Success: Create a culture that celebrates success.