Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Lab Technician, MicrobiologyLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 01/24/2023
The Micro Lab Technician is responsible for media making, growth promotion, housekeeping, conducting experiments and entering results into Lims and Mapics or any current Lab system.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must utilize proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when handling all samples as well as biohazard.
- Performs Microbiological testing of Raw Materials/Bulk Products/Finished Products, stability for R&D samples and documentation as per procedure.
- Performs microbiological testing related to the following microbiological test methods: Microbial Enumeration and Specified Microorganism (MET) testing per USP 60, 61, and 62.
- Sampling and Microbiological testing of water as per the procedure.
- Performs Purified/Source Water testing per USP 1231.
- Performs environmental monitoring activity as per the procedure.
- Performs plate reads and incubations.
- Performs stock culture inventory and Gram Staining.
- Prepares culture medias and performs growth promotion testing on media as per SOPs.
- Glassware washing and general housekeeping and disinfection of lab area.
- Maintaining laboratory inventory.
- Monitor/perform internal verification of pH meter, analytical balance, incubators, thermometers, autoclave, refrigerators, Biological Safety Cabinet, etc.
- Keeps current with FDA, ISO, EU and cGMP standards and industry trends.
- Documentation of lab testing.
- Handling of biohazard.
- Ensure the interpretation of the data is correct and the results are effectively communicated to appropriate groups.
- Writing/conducting investigations when necessary.
- Cross-trains to ensure full functionality on all laboratory equipment and methods.
- Saturday hours to support manufacturing as needed.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Production, Manufacturing and Analytic Lab
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Associate Degree or Certificate in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biology, Medical Technology, Life Sciences, or related disciplines is required (on the job training to be provided)
- One year in a cGMP laboratory or manufacturing environment, is helpful but not required.
- Understanding importance of GMP and Quality
- Must be able to interpret problems and effectively prepare surrounding communication in a productive manner to management with clarity and accuracy.
- Must be organized and skilled in time management.
- Knowledge of Aseptic techniques. Previous lab experience is preferred.
- Expert in Windows based computer programs. (Word and Excel)
- Teamwork and willingness to learn.
- Excellent demonstration of verbal and written communication skill
Our Principles serve as the working principles that every Shiseido employee must follow. These eight working principles – known as “TRUST 8” – are based on the idea that mutual trust is the key to succeeding in Our Mission.
- THINK BIG – Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- TAKE RISKS – Embrace risk. Practice “Trial & Error & Trial”.
- HANDS ON – Consider front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end-to-end.
- COLLABORATE – Break free from the silo mentality. Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- BE OPEN – Be transparent. Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up – even if it is bad news.
- ACT WITH INTEGRITY – Be sincere and humble at all times.
- BE ACCOUNTABLE – Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- APPLAUD SUCCESS – Create a culture that celebrates success.