Hajimari Intern, Production Engineering
Shiseido Americas CorporationLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 02/23/2024
Why Join Us?
When you join Shiseido as a 2024 Summer intern, you are joining one of the top beauty companies in the world. With a rich portfolio of international brands. Shiseido’s portfolio includes the following cosmetics, skincare, and fragrance brands: Shiseido, NARS, Drunk Elephant, Clé de Peau Beauté, Tory Burch Fragrance, Issey Miyake Fragrance, Narciso Rodriguez Fragrance & Hermès Fragrance.
We aim to transcend borders and boundaries and venture beyond cosmetics to actively contribute to the happiness of our customers across the globe through beauty.
We are looking for enthusiastic and driven interns, like you, to be a part of our diverse and talented intern community. We offer a highly immersive and hands-on experience which will give you exposure to the full product life cycle from Marketing through Manufacturing. If you are ready to learn and want an opportunity to bring your ideas to life, then this is the program for you!
The Shiseido Summer Internship program is a paid, full time 9-week program for college rising Juniors or Seniors starting June 3rd through August 2nd. We are committed to your professional development so during your time here, you can expect to participate in meaningful projects, networking, professional development workshops, speaker series, volunteer activities, and you will also have the opportunity to connect with your global peers across the world!
The Production Process Improvement Engineering team works on the improvement of the Production processes. Our aim is to maximize production with minimum waste, optimum use of available resources, and technological innovations.
- The Intern will be responsible for working on an analysis of the scrap process, focusing on reduction along with identifying bulk priming values
- Review the entire production process to better understand/determine the scenarios that can create a high scrap rate and focus on the reduction of it
- Determine the specific timeframe where bulk usage was increased
- The intern will work with the Maintenance team to get a full comprehension of the machine assembly process and develop fishbone diagrams, a DMAIC framework for better visibility of each step, and provide the ROI (Return on Investment)
- The intern will also establish estimated bulk priming values by equipment
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior in college working towards a bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective communication skills, attention to detail, and highly organized
- Energetic, self-motivated, results oriented
- Flexible and able to function in a fast-paced, safety-first work environment
- Must be able to commute to designated workplace and work the required weekly schedule associated with department
- Have a passion for cosmetics, beauty industry and consistently keeping up-to-date with trends
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law