Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Engineer III, Process Development Group, R&DLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 05/31/2022
This R&D position is primarily responsible for the planning and execution of pilot-scale manufacturing processes to seamlessly transition the development of new Shiseido products from formulation to manufacturing. The Engineer III is charged with being able to foresee, identify, and solve potential manufacturing issues through process experimentation, observation, and data analysis. This senior position operates independently on complex projects in addition to mentoring and guiding others.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Independently study, understand, and execute pilot scale batches of complex R&D lab formulas for a smooth transition to manufacturing/production scale while providing fluid communication between R&D and Manufacturing. This involves all facets of R&D Pilot Production: Experimental Design, Execution, Physical/Analytical Testing, and Quantitative Analysis and Interpretation.
- Work alongside formulating chemists from the early developmental stage of projects to help determine potential future quality and process concerns.
- Quickly acquire the knowledge necessary to create a Design of Experiments (DOE) to solve processing challenges.
- Design, prepare, and execute manufacturing trial and process validation batches of assigned projects.
- Mentor and guide new engineers on scale-up and communication best practice
- Active participation in the understanding and resolution of new/existing manufacturing issues.
- Responsible for compliance of assigned work area with company-set standards for laboratory safety and general maintenance.
- Investigate out-of-specification manufacturing batches and production non-conformances, as needed. Implement effective and efficient corrective and preventive actions.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
He/she needs to have exceptional communication skills and an ability to effectively convey complicated data and timelines with all cross-functional teams; R&D Formulation Chemists, Technical & Operational Manufacturing, Packaging, and Marketing/Product Development.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related degree.
- Minimum (6) years in a science-related industry, preferably personal care.
- Strong understanding of chemical processing concepts including heat transfer, mass flow, and instrumental & statistical analysis and how it is applied to personal care products.
- Strong organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Driven to continuously learn and test new ideas independently and in teams.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law