Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Engineer II, Production TechnicalLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 05/31/2022
Apply to join Shiseido Americas, one of the top cosmetics companies in the world! For 150 years, Shiseido has celebrated the power of beauty - we are PEOPLE FIRST and strive for BEAUTY INNOVATIONS FOR A BETTER WORLD.
Shiseido offers competitive salaries based on experience and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with 4% employer contributions
- 14 paid company holidays
- 23 days annual PTO for all new hires
- Generous bonus program
- 40% employee discounts for our brands
- $1,000 company gratis program
- Tuition reimbursement and much more!
We encourage our employees to grow their skillsets through learning and development courses as well as advance their careers through internal mobility opportunities. Here at the Shiseido Manufacturing Plant located in East Windsor, NJ, we work to show our employees appreciation by providing year-round opportunities to volunteer and donate to charity, enjoy annual employee appreciation celebrations, and rewards for exemplary safety practices. Learn more about joining our team below and at careers.shiseido.com.
The Engineer II, Production Technical is responsible for managing projects to improve production processes using machines and technology or through improved methods. This position is part of the new products and processes development team, responsible for establishing the filling and assembly process requirements from development through production validation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In the early stage of each project, collaborates closely with the Packaging and R&D teams to develop and design the filling and assembly process
- Study the capability of existing equipment and processes with a continuous improvement focus and prepare proposals for modification and investment to achieve it. This study includes the review of new and existing products and identification of necessary equipment and change-parts for all.
- Creation of production labor standards for all new products.
- Responsible for planning and performing product testing and validation on the factory floor in collaboration with the operations and maintenance teams.
- Responsible for executing report of line trial and validation.
- Lead in identification of risks, development of mitigation strategies and/or alternative solutions and resolution of issues in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Will create complete, detailed SOP (Compliance - Filling and Assembly Specification) and lead in supporting the operational training of all stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, operations management, industrial management.
- 2+ years’ experience on Cosmetic, Pharmaceutical, Chemical or Consumer Goods Production team.
- Knowledge of filling and assembly processes and high-speed machines is preferred.
- Ability to interpret process documentation and develop full-scale processes.
- Understanding of GMP manufacturing.
- Packaging experience a plus.
- Must have demonstrated team and individual leadership skills such as decision making, goal setting, problem solving, negotiating, analytical and team building skills promoting positive attitudes and achievements.
- Proven ability to work in an agile, dynamic, team-oriented environment meeting mission-critical requirements and making decisions
- Demonstrates excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting, and resolving complex issues.
- Leadership and supervisory skills.
- Six Sigma/Green Belt or Black Belt
- Experience with TPM Management System (Total Productivity Management)
- Ability to lead Kaizen events
- General knowledge of plant quality systems including quality control, non-conformances, preventative maintenance, calibration, document and data control processes
- Experience leading or supporting capital projects and line qualifications
- Proficient in Word, Excel, AutoCad, Microsoft Project and SAP
Our Principles serve as the working principles that every Shiseido employee must follow. These eight working principles – known as “TRUST 8” – are based on the idea that mutual trust is the key to succeeding in Our Mission.
- THINK BIG – Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
- TAKE RISKS – Embrace risk. Practice “Trial & Error & Trial”.
- HANDS ON – Consider front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end-to-end.
- COLLABORATE – Break free from the silo mentality. Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
- BE OPEN – Be transparent. Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up – even if it is bad news.
- ACT WITH INTEGRITY – Be sincere and humble at all times.
- BE ACCOUNTABLE – Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
- APPLAUD SUCCESS – Create a culture that celebrates success.