Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Director, Regional Safety and ComplianceLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 09/08/2022
Our Director, Safety & Compliance is an integral part of Senior Management that provides organizational leadership for a comprehensive safety program. This position will provide leadership to the Company as it relates to safety culture and adherence to safety.
As the Safety lead you will plan and implement organization safety programs across our Manufacturing, Production and Distribution facilities to ensure a safe and accident-free work environment. Primary owner for leading all Safety & Compliance while developing and maintaining a visible safety culture.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development of a Company-wide risk management strategy that aligns with the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Develop a robust Safety system to effectively drive engagement, reduce risk and provide a safe and healthy work setting.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor and ensure compliance of operation and employees to policies and laws related to safety
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Provide leadership to drive change throughout the Company and integrate continuous improvement in order to enhance business operations.
- Manage the safety function for the organization to reduce safety incident rates and resulting financial losses.
- Provide leadership for the management of a network of external business partners including third party insurers, brokers, and claims administrators and outside legal counsel.
- Act as liaison between executive level management, plant management teams and employees on matters relating to safety.
- Monitor trends that could have an impact on operations.
- Lead the day-to-day operation of the company's risk management program including proactively identifying the company's exposure to loss, managing and responding to those exposures, and implementing risk mitigation practices.
- Assess and develop safety and risk programs for a multi-site operation to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local safety-related regulations, and other environmental health, safety and loss prevention standards.
- 7+ years of expertise leading Safety/Environment functions and teams over multiple sites
- Bachelor's degree required
- Demonstrated success in building and implementing a behavioral-based Safety program across multiple sites
- Previous experience in at least one of the following environment with one or more: on the plant floor, operations, maintenance, supply chain, warehouse, transportation, etc.
- Strong executive presence and an inspirational leader that promotes innovative thinking
- Safety Leadership Experience in a Manufacturing, Production, Warehouse Environment
- Coaching and team development experience
- Certification is strongly preferred: Certified Safety Professional, Certified Safety Manager, and/or Project Management Professional
- Practical experience of Lean, 6S
- Practical experience with Safety tools and systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project)