Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Specialist, R&D Claims and Product Performance EvaluatorLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 06/29/2022
Specialist in Technical Information Group (TIG) will work on both innovative internal consumer test development/implementation, and cosmetic product development from project initiation to market launch. This role will work closely with marketing, R&D formulation groups, regulatory, safety and other cross-functional teams. This role will also work closely with Shiseido global partners, to collaborate on both innovation projects and calendarized product launches.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive internal consumer test development and implementation, including instrumental measurement, product sensory assessment.
- Scan competitor landscape and help with claim innovation and method development
- Help with calendarized product launch, including creating claims substantiation plans, coordinating external consumer and clinical tests.
- Support products’ global expansion, including China.
- Interact with raw material vendors; external testing houses and other industry representatives. If needed, bring appropriate new ingredients, technologies and services in house.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- BS or graduate degree in Chemistry or Biology or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in cosmetic/personal-care product industry, preferably in the technical field. Experience in color cosmetics is a plus.
- Experience in instrumental measurement and sensory assessment.
- Strong skills in data processing, computer programing skills a plus.
- Understanding of cosmetic product development process, and has good knowledge in competitor product analysis and claim development
- Skilled in consumer/clinical testing including methodology, analysis & interpretation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and attention to details
- Ability to work in a team and in a fast-moving environment
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law