Or browse by
Choose a Job Category
Choose a Location
Analyst, Cost AccountingLocation: East Windsor, New Jersey Brand: Shiseido Date: 05/25/2023
Full time Cost Analyst responsible for assisting with loading standard costs, inventory valuation, variance analysis, and annual budget costs for the In House and Externally Manufactured products. Based in East Windsor, New Jersey.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Calculate accurate item level standard costs by working cross functionally with the NPC, Manufacturing, Production, Purchasing, and External Operations teams on operational rates and material prices loaded into our MAP I CS and SAP systems.
- Assist with monthly PPV and Manufacturing Variance analysis
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of Standards Log and Price Book to confirm billing is accurate and correct and assist accounting with any price/billing corrections
- Support with all analytical and reports as part of annual budget standard costs
- Assist with process improvements in the Cost Accounting Function.
- Work with Manufacturing and Procurement teams to identify savings opportunities and COGS improvement projects
- Help maintain Daily Costing log and track/report on metrics related to costing activities. Use Dashboard to identify trends for areas of improvement.
- Support management of the Costing Mailbox and log incoming requests as well as answer questions from Business Partners on costing
- Participate in data cleansing from a costing and accounting perspective as needed.
- Participate in the design of the upcoming SAP Product costing system by working with the implementation team members.
- Participate in all phases of testing and cut-over for the SAP implementation.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- All East Windsor functional areas including Finance, Production Planning, Inventory Control, Quality Control, Manufacturing, Production, New Product Commercialization, and Material Supply.
- Regional teams including Operations Finance, External Operations, S&OP, Procurement, Master Data Management, Transfer Pricing, Tax, Internal Audit and Finance Brand Holders
- Accuracy of monthly Sales and COGS in the P&L.
- Accuracy of New Product Cost Estimates
- Timeliness of Costing
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance with 2-5 years experience.
- Strong desire to learn product costing, systems, and manufacturing processes utilized by the Shiseido Operations teams. Interested in learning plant manufacturing and data tracking/collection processes including labor hours and material usage. Detail oriented, ability to roll up the sleeves and work on multiple projects.
- Desire to learn managerial accounting including month end processes and variance analysis.
- Intermediate excel skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines as well as to be agile with adjusting work commitments.
- SAP knowledge/experience recommended
Below is a list of Core Competencies designed to help employees at Shiseido Americas succeed as the company continues to evolve and innovate.
- Business Insights: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Drives Vision & Purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law